www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Attention to all skilled Java scripters

Attention to all skilled Java scripters

hi all

okaii i need help ,i have built my own webpage that allows PHP scripting on it but i am missing a something and when i click the button it just refreshes

here is my PHP/HTML code ,you see how it says document.getElementByid ,i don't understand this

if(document.getElementById('u')) document.getElementById('u').focus();

please help me understand this ,

This piece of code check if element with id u exists in your page and then set focucs on it.

yes but i don't know what it is ,how does it work and why is it there , does this .document have to be on my server/web host directory .also i need some help building a java script to work with my PHP program , set to play when i press my button. oz at the moment i does nothing but refresh

document is the internal browser object. All browsers represent html page as DOM tree. You can read more about DOM here.
    Maybe you have to add preventing default action of your button or form to stop refreshing page. Please show your code to find a reason of refreshing the page.

can you contact me via email mpeace4656465@hotmail.com so i can send you a link to my php program and then you can help point out the problem to me,

Thread Information