dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Playing around with flash bone tool need advice on aranging objects front to back

Hybrid View

Playing around with flash bone tool need advice on aranging objects front to back

Just started looking into flash more and playing around with the new bone tool in CS6.

Made a pretty cool looking armature animation of someones left arm moving up and down diagonally in the fashion someone would do when holding chords on a guitar neck etc.

However, here's my problem:

My armature contains an upper arm lower arm and hand, I need the guitar itself to be infront of the upper and lower arm but be behind part of the hand.

But without adding it to the armature with a bone (which sounds odd to me) I cannot see another way of doing it as I can either have it on the same flash layer infront or behind the whole armature, or on a separate layer above or below the armature layer.

Each of which does not achieve the required positioning of hand infront but arm behind the guitar neck.

I could go completely away from armatures and put the hand separate and animate it differently but surely there must be a way to work with armatures to get this to work properly so it all moves like a real arm/hand and has the desired bits infront and behind the guitar etc.

Do you mean swapping depths of the objects?
    You can do it by selecting your object and control its depth through ctrl+arrow up/down key (in Windows), just like swapping depths of the layers in Fireworks, Photoshop and so on (just in case you are used to deal with those programs).
    Best regards.

Yeah thanks, I already know how to do that but what i am trying to do is have an entire arm (made of multiple graphics) from hand to shoulder that is made into an armature, but be able to have say the shoulder down to the wrist be behind an object but then have the hand come infront of an object, my problem is the entire armature is either infront or behind, in my example i am trying to make the armature appear as if holding the neck of a guitar naturally like a real person would so in some instances the upper arm would be behind and forearm, wrist and hand would be infront, in others jut the wrist and hand would be in front, of the neck of the guitar.

The only way so far of doing this I have found is to either split the armature into two different bits which is not very effective as the upper arm is no longer connected to the lower arm and doesnt move in sync with it, you have to move it manually and hope its in the right place, or to make sure the lower arm never is in a position that overlaps the neck of the guitar and have the hand be infront of it separate from the whole arm and manually position it as the arm moves through the animation.

Surely there should be a good way of making an armature fully connected but be able to have part of it appear behind and part appear infront of an object this animated arm/hand is interacting with?

Yep. I was talking about doing that with the elements of an armature. I just had a try here and I think that it fits to your explanation.
    I'd like to know what is the policy about posting attachments here, because I made a little sample so can get "started" with that.
    The guitar is not actually connected to the player's arm, and I don't know if you want that to be so, but you can try doing that the way you please.
    If it's ok to attach files here, I can send you the source.

Im pretty sure it is ok

Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?32szgl5jn823wsz

Looks good thanks will play around and see how it all works and try and incorporate that into my project, thanks again for the help

You are welcome.

), just like swapping depths of the layers in Fireworks

Thread Information