www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need a contained window to open on website load

Need a contained window to open on website load

I have downloaded a template (free-html5-portfolio-business-template) from (http://www.egrappler.com/free-html5-...comment-193892) as the basis of my website (www.straightshooters.co.nz).

It is currently being cobbled together in respect of imagery and content so please forgive it's incomplete state.

When the website loads, I would like the "main" window to be selected (as if the user clicked on "main") instead of the current situation of the menu simply floating in space.

Any help gratefully received
    Regards
    Nigel

Try change <dt class="dt1"> to <dt class="dt1 active">. Hope this help.

Thanks Upgrade. I tried it but it simply disabled the "main" menu option. I suspect it was looking for a "dt1 active" class definition in the css which doesn't exist...

I'm not too worried how I achieve this but anticipate it probably means automatically firing the event in js code that is achieved when the user clicks "main" on the menu. If it can be done in the css or at HTML level I'm fine with it too.

I look forward to ideas.

I am still struggling with this one guys - It has to be a simple issue but I am flummoxed on how to do it. Any help greatly appreciated. I have almost everything on the site done and this is holding me up.

Cheers!
    Nigel

Thread Information