www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Could Google be breaking the law?

Question Could Google be breaking the law?

I hope Google is breaking the law and gets put right! I speak on Googles new images search, it now allows a surfer to view in any available size ,any image they are interested in, without going onto the image owners website. I hate to think how much traffic this is going to take off me, so who does google think our websites belong to...us or themselves?
    What to think?
    Magick in a brush
    www.seawitchartist.com

Stop whining please...

1.) How many traffic does Google actually generate for you in the First place? Before complaining about them taking something, actually think of the benefits.

2.) There is such a thing called robots.txt , please Google on how to use it but Yes, complaining is much easier, I am aware of that

@CaptainSessa...aye aye Skipper!
    Magick in a brush
    www.seawitchartist.com

Ya google can break the laws against it.

A brilliant question. But, no, you cannot charge search engines for including images in searches, but you can opt out of inclusion in Google searches. Terms of use for using the WWW are similar to those that are implied when you get a telephone number — unless you opt out your number is public information. When you get a domain name it is published — and all its contents are public based on what you put in your robots.txt file (you can also manually request removal from search engines.) So, unless you have opted out and blocked search engines you would not have a leg to stand on. Google is not using your images and content, merely acting like directory service. Now, if they took an image you own and use it in branding or marketing purposes that would be violation.
    *** spam link deleted by moderator - please do not spam this site ***

I do not think Google is breaking any rule

Thread Information