www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: code works correctly in IE7 but will not work correctly in IE9

Hybrid View

code works correctly in IE7 but will not work correctly in IE9

I have the attached code, named timer.txt (rename it timer.htm) which the user opens from a PC hard drive, not from a server. The user selects a "start time" then clicks on the button labeled "go" and the two inputs show an 8 1/2 hour block of time with the time from the start time on the left and the remaining time on the right side. The use can click either of the inputs to select a background color for the input. The onchange events for each input saves the input background colors and the Start Time. I am using "PersistJS: Cross Browser Client-Side Persistent Storage Without Cookies" from http://pablotron.org/?cid=1557 to save the user preferences to the local hard drive. When the user reloads the web page the user preferences are supposed to automatically load. In IE7 the background colors and start time load fine, but in IE9 they do not load.
    I have another version of this which uses localstorage and works fine with Chrome but doesn't work with IE, that is why I am using PersistJS.

I used PersistJS because I thought it was the latest thing, but after looking further I just realized that it was PersistJS was released in 2008 and has not been updated since.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RCgua; 01-29-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: new information added at end

Thread Information