dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to deal with messy backend from SEO

How to deal with messy backend from SEO

Say that I had 20-25 pages listed under a subfolder called "/pages". For SEO purposes, I'd like to get rid of this folder. That way, site crawlers can easily crawl the priority keyword that falls later in the URL (Ie: /pages/data-integration).

Understandably, this could cause a messy situation in the backend. Does anyone have any recommendations to help keep files a bit more organized besides putting them in a subfolder?

Thanks so much for your help!

The best option is to keep it simple and understandable for users. Think more from the point of view of user rather than search engine bots. Once done with setting proper url structure, you can use 301 redirect for those pages so that it can pass on the benefits to new URL.

Quote Originally Posted by sonaliaverma View Post
    The best option is to keep it simple and understandable for users. Think more from the point of view of user rather than search engine bots. Once done with setting proper url structure, you can use 301 redirect for those pages so that it can pass on the benefits to new URL.
    Thanks, sonaliaverma!

Can I keep my "/pages" folder and only change the URL to /data-integration. Then 301 redirect the old URL to the new URL? (Ie: Keep /pages/data-integration. But mask it by 301-redirecting to /data-integration).

As a follow up question, do crawlers crawl /pages even though I've "masked" the URL?

Thread Information