www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is joomla?

What is joomla?

Joomla is an award-winning cms (Content management systems), which allows you to definitely build Internet sites and effective online programs. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, make Joomla typically the most popular Site software available. On top of that, Joomla is definitely an free solution that's freely open to everybody.

Joomla is an open source content management system that allows you to build web sites and powerful online applications. This award-winning web site software contains easy-to-use features and it is freely available to everyone. Joomla is written in PHP for managing content on the web and uses a MySQL database to store content. Joomla! is released under the GNU General Public License.

Joomla is an Open Source Content Management System (CMS). Let's break that down into two things - a Content Management System is a piece of software that runs on a server and delivers a website to your browser when you request it. It allows the page you see to be dynamic and it allows the owner of the site to make changes to the way the site looks without changing the code behind the site.

It can deliver a robust enterprise-level Web site, empowered by endless extensibility for your customized publishing needs. Moreover, it is often the system of choice for small business or home users who want a professional looking site that's simple to deploy and use.

Joomla is a CMS like Wordpress, it is also very SEO friendly and you can use it for many purposes as well.

I think Joomla is for advanced users and it is more than Wordpress I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tuffs View Post
    I think Joomla is for advanced users and it is more than Wordpress I think.
    It is not so, you can use Joomla with a little knowledge like Wordpress.

Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.

I like Joomla for the fact that it enables people who have almost no technical education (just like me!) to create websites.

However, my most of the sites are on Wordpress and other platform, I'm planning to use Joomla too..

Unit 4, 200 Hoxton Park Road, Prestons NSW 2170
    Joomla is an open source management system for publishing the content on world wide web and it is use to create website. Its is written in PHP for managing content.

Joomla is a CMS that is used to create website and amazing online applications.

Joomla is more 'Development' friendly. It is open source and free. With current trends and technology Joomla is so popular because of its useful extensions. It is easy too.

Joomla is an CMS for publishing content in the world wide web.

Joomla is becoming the powerful CMS in the web. With more than 36 million downloads Joomla has now become one of the leading CMS. Another interesting statistics say that around 4% of the websites runs on joomla.

Thread Information