www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Tabular data presenting beneath menus

Tabular data presenting beneath menus

First off, I should explain that I'm self-taught in web developing: I'm ok with HTML and can feel my way around with CSS and Javascript, but that's about it. So if the solution to this is quite simple then that's why I haven't seen it.

My site has a set of menus on the left and should have the stock the site's selling in tabular form on the right. I've just validated the site to solve one problem (the site wasn't picking up information on background colour or corner image from my .css sheet. This is now solved) but two other problems have turned up instead. The most important one is this: the stock, which is presented in a table, has slipped down below the level of the menus. Can anyone tell me how to bring them back up?

Secondary problem: the menus were more spaced out vertically but they've all squashed up together. Can anyone tell me how to space them out again? I realise I could do this with the <br> tag so if that's all I really need to do then no need to take your time giving me more complex info.

Here is the site as it is: http://chrysalis.webng.com/

Here is a nonvalidated page that shows how I intend it to be laid out: http://chrysalis.webng.com/example.htm

Thanks in advance for your time.

I've just checked it again and for some reason the site has changed. I don't understand why but it has reverted to the old problem. So with that in mind... does anyone have any idea why the colour and corner image doesn't show? It only shows on the .index page first time. If you go to another page then the background is white and the rose has gone. If you navigate back to the index page then it will still be gone.

Not sure if this should have been in the .css section of this forum after all.

Sorry about the confusion, everybody.

I didn't really check your code, but you need to know that your free hosting service inserts HTML code above your <!DOCTYPE> statement to display advertising, which is liable to cause problems with cross-browser compatibility as your design evolves. There are better choices and it's best to start looking for one now.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thread Information