www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Good to Choose Android or iPhone Development

I would always prefer Android over iPhone. As it gives more freedom to the developer as well as the users.

I'd always prefer Android over apple iPhone.

Let's take a look on the points where it really is demonstrated that Android is better compared to Apple iPhones:

1. You receive a lot more choices to help make your selection
    The Apple iPhone has only a single type of look for every model, Android gives you a number of models choose from available. You will find multiple providers on an Android cell phone

2. It is possible to access other apple iPhone application stores to Android phones
    Google gives you its very own application store that's known as Google Play it allows customers to load applications in the choice applications. In today�s world android application development is the fastest growing mobile application platform.

3. Android gives you large storage Capacity-ability
    Apple iPhone provides you with the best possible storage capacity connected with regard 64Gb however the Android OS phones provide you with options for choices for expanding storage. For example, 16 GB, 32GB and 64 GB memory and you may more expand the memory space with the addition of 32GB getting a utilizing a micro-SD card.

4. The android OS provides you with personalized internet browser, applications and much more
    apple i-phones are preloaded with all the applications that you simply can not personalize based on the need but Android os provides you with choices to lower load quantity of applications from your play store.

That was really an astute analysis. Appreciate that.

It will depend you make application for which country if you want to make application for an India then I thing Android is better.But in European country iPhone application is much better. Because in India maximum people use android so android will be best options. But in European country I thing maximum people use iPhone.So that will be best for European country

Android is good as compare to iPhone because Android is cheaper then iPhone.... and its easier then iPhone too........

hi.. Both of them are good..but compare to Android phones ,IPhones are coslty..

I would like to say if you will start your mobile application work in India then Android will be the best platform. Because in India android set are available in cheap rate. But iPhone are to costly that's why maximum person are not able to afford iPhone.But if make apps for European country. Then it will be better.

Android developemt is far more cheaper than iphone, android market is at the peak. If you choose android developement then it is the best option.

hello
    Nowadays both technologies are having great scope .Still I prefer Android Development is better as it costs less

Mobile application development is booming these days, Mobile application development is good choice for your career.

I personally believe that you safely play with android, because android market is raising too much now a days and as well as future also,
    you can see that now a days in market too much android phone are launched day by day and application requirement are also high compare to iPhone,
    main benefit is that people love android compare to iPhone because android phone/tab has less costly to iPhone.

Hi I love to iphone development.
    E-Commerce Web Development

Android has a 70.1% market share (as of the end of 2012), creating a higher demand for the apps. The number of tools at the developer’s disposal and the availability of forums and other online support systems prove that Android is geared more toward developers being able to create at will.

iPhone development requires significantly higher initial investments, you pay with your time, nerves & money: Mac OS X 10.6 device + iPhone + Apple Developer Account(mandatory for even testing application on real device!) + learning that obscure Objective-C thingie + praying for getting your app accepted into Appstore.

With Android you are productive almost immediately without ANY investments or stress: you can run Linux/Android on almost anything and for free, Java is a standard, optional developer account (much cheaper than Apple's, only required for publishing on Google Store). You can sell you app on your website :-)

On the other hand, iPhone developers make from their paid apps money.

Android ones don't (yet).

I have recently started learning app development. I have been bouncing back and forth even though everyone says stick with one and in my opinion I made the right choice. From the out look of your not gonna become pro over night then you have to accept the fact your first app is not going to make you a lot of money. The important thing is gaining the knowledge you need to become a better more creative developer. I think learning both obviously will help with that.

Android development is a lot more hard coding. so its necessary to have an understanding for java and XML. its harder to set up the environment in eclipse and it can be a bit confusing learning the file structure of your apps.

IOS offers Xcode which is by far the easiest environment I have ever worked in. If you think dream weaver is easy to use then you have not seen anything yet. Most of your UI is done by dragging and dropping pre scripted objects in to place. and when you need to change out an image or text it is as easy as clicking and selecting from drop down boxes in Xcode.

Everyone says Objective C is harder then java and the coding part is a little confusing to me but its so easy to set up your projects that it makes up for it by minimizing the amount of time typing code.

I suggest setting up both environments and switching back and forth.

for learning xcode this tutorial walks you through downloading it to your mac and walks you through every button and option for building an application.
    http://www.mybringback.com/

for andorid I have been focusing more on programming 2d games to understand java better. the link above offers step by step tutorials that are amazing for ios and android. including objective c and java.

at the end of the day do you really want to be able to say you can make a java app and not an ios app? I am very happy with the decision i made to work back and forth and I can honestly say I have been learning at a faster rate making apps then it took me to teach my self to make a navigation bar for my first website.

its 99 dollars to sign up with apple and your good to go. andorid doesn't charge you anything to develop. The only fees are when you upload the the market and then they both take a percentage of your money for the apps you sell. either way knowledge is never free. you pay with money and time but the rewards are priceless.

for java and learning eclipse i would look at this tutorial. its a 2d game from scratch with out using the slick plugin. I was using slick at first and decided I would rather not take any short cuts for learning purposes. even if the game turns out to be crap i would rather understand every aspect of what i code so when I make my own apps I will have the ability to be more creative.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChernoProject

Hi

Iphone cost is high.. bt use purposes iphone is comfortable for use and it have very faster than android and it also simply to use..

Gaurav Pandya
    Software Engineer
    Insight Softech
    www.insightsoftech.com

Thread Information