www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is a good site that I can view that would be a good demonstration for HTML5?

What is a good site that I can view that would be a good demonstration for HTML5?

What is a good site that I can view that would be a good demonstration for HTML5? I want to basically check out some sites and see how they implemented CSS3 and HTML5.

I talked to a guy at my work and he pointed me to a few good sites. I did notice that www.armordevelopment.com showed a cool way of using HTML5, jquery and CSS3. I got some good ideas from that site.

And here is ablog that teaches you how to use HTML5 step by step:
    Learn and Practice HTML5

Because HTML5 is still in an early stage of implementation I find this site to be most helpful dealing with the complecity of cross-browser support.
    Cd&
    one of my toys And my repository and my old self ranting plus a bonus Getting the most out of Q/A sites
    Code that is 100% standards compliant is 100% correct 100% of the time... anything else is just a hack

I can think of no better exemplar than this site of Ian Hickson - the Google guru who is also the "father" and author of HTML5 - and also this site of his .

James
    Web Developer Tool Kit - for creating Standards compliant and Interoperable web pages
    W3C Markup Validation Service - validate HTML code for reliable rendering in all Browsers
    WAVE accessibility evaluation tool - check page structure, image alt text, form labels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I can think of no better exemplar than this site of Ian Hickson - the Google guru who is also the "father" and author of HTML5 - and also this site of his .

James
    I see no particular usage of html5 tags on either of those sites. Are you making a subtle point about not using html5 yet?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tracknut View Post
    I see no particular usage of html5 tags on either of those sites. Are you making a subtle point about not using html5 yet?

Dave
    No Dave. Although they are simple documents without a lot of bells and whistles they are well structured ones that employ HTML5 headers and (W3C) validated markup.

James
    Last edited by polyglot; 02-09-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added information
    Web Developer Tool Kit - for creating Standards compliant and Interoperable web pages
    W3C Markup Validation Service - validate HTML code for reliable rendering in all Browsers
    WAVE accessibility evaluation tool - check page structure, image alt text, form labels, etc.

Thread Information