For the past 30 years I have been an engineering oriented "soft-core" programmer in a variety of languages, including VB for EXCEL and C++. But I know "zero + epsilon" about Java Script. My goals relating to Java Scrip and web design in general are very very modest. In an effort to get up to speed, I have read quite a bit from the web site W3Schools.com and I purchased the E-book JavaScrip for Web Developers by Nicholas C. Zakas, where I basically found myself inundated by minutia. And, of course, the text did not address my very simple, basic, rudimentary questions. Just as robots have not yet completely replaced humans, a text book has not replaced the benefits of communicating directly with a knowledgeable human. So, below are my very basic questions (this all appeared nicely formated in MS WORD):

"Form parameters (sent to the server) take the names of their corresponding form objects.
For example, if your form contains a check box named "checkbox", then the following form parameter is sent to the server when the user clicks the Submit button:"
checkbox=<its status (value?--- True/False in this case?)>

Given the above statement copied from a web site, the following is how I expected the situation to work. (This example probably shows how I have completely misunderstood the above quote.)

Part of HTML file for web site's HTML page 1. |<-- This might be a mistake in understanding | Maybe should just be NULL ""<form name="form1" method="post" action="ProcessData.asp">
<input id = "TestBox" type="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="checkbox">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>
(OK - When SUBMIT button is clicked, URL page 1 disappears, and ProcessData.asp becomes the current page, and a "form parameter is sent to the server".)

QUESTIONS:
1. But how do I access the value of this "form parameter" from a new page server-side ProcessData.asp?
2. Just what does "sent to the server" mean?
3. What is the difference between "<%" and "<Script>"?
Accorging to the literature, ASP scripts are surrounded by <% and %>.
4. I am coming to the conclusion that "Request" and "Response" are strictly VB, whereas
"document.getElementById('What')" is strictly Java Script, and that both only work on the
current page.

This is the ASP file ProcessData.asp that I want to handle the status of "TestBox".<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<html>
<head>
<title>ProcessData</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
<script> <-- (in other testing) This seems to do the job of "<%" -->
var TestBoxStatus = <what code goes here??? Is this even possible after page change?>; if(TestBoxStatus….)
{
}
</script>
</body>
</html>