www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help

Hybrid View

Post Help

Hello,
    Im stuck with alignment on my profile page, its not a webpage that im doing but it a profile page and with IE all my text and images look fine but when i used Google Chrome yesterday everything was out of wack, i know some stuff about html but alot and i'm not being tought by someone it's all just trial and error the site that host my profile only uses html and css not sure what one is better, my about me page on the site is limited to so much text so theres only so much that they will allow and javascript is not allowed any help and and suggestions would be very appreciated, reply back and i can send you the link to the profile and you can see what happens and i can email you the code and see what i messed up on any help and suggestions will make me better at doing code.
    thanks and have a wonderful day

I don't do thing by email. Just post the link; and define "out of wack". It is most likely that by using an old (and defective version of IE, you have messed it up for every other browser.
    Cd&
    one of my toys And my repository and my old self ranting plus a bonus Getting the most out of Q/A sites
    Code that is 100% standards compliant is 100% correct 100% of the time... anything else is just a hack

Post help

out of wack is the alignment and i have windows 7 and all the updates as i check them once every weeks so it''s not an outdated IE, the link is http://fubar.com/smoothlover69 when you try view it in google chrome the alignment is nto what it is on IE, IE looks fines, have not tried firefox or any other browsers just Chrome and IE next reply i can post the code it's pretty long

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there romeo1981,

and a warm welcome to these forums.

A quick test of your site reveals that it has 414 Errors, 252 warnings.

You may well find that when you have rectified them all, that your page
    will also display correctly cross-browser wise.

coothead

Post help

the main site is not by me its done by someone else, in there setting tab for each user has a about me section that you post all the code in and thats where im having the probs, the proba are with marquee not the way i have it with other broswers, in IE i have stuff come in from left or right and i have it stop in the middle but with outher broswers it goes to the sides not sure if there is a way to make marquee stop at a preset location on my page or not but what i have on my page stops in the center in IE and thats whta i want it to do, the site does not allow for javascript so im not able to use the cooler features using javascript just html and css

It does not matter who is responsible for the site. The fact is the code is full of errors, and you cannot expect much from a page with that many defects. The marquee tag is non-standard. IE is the only browser that fully supports it other browsers have limited support, but not necessarily consistent with the IE format. You almost always need javascript to manage and control it. Users surveys indicate the marquee is the second most hated effect on web page the only thing they hate more is blinking text.

If you can't or won't fix the errors on the page, then you should not expect it to work the way you want.
    Cd&
    one of my toys And my repository and my old self ranting plus a bonus Getting the most out of Q/A sites
    Code that is 100% standards compliant is 100% correct 100% of the time... anything else is just a hack

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there romeo1981,

Replace all the code that you have between these two tags...

Code:

<div class="section last bio">

</div>

...with the code that you will find in the attachment.

This will center everything within that section.

Note:-
    I have made no attempt at correcting any of the coding errors that this section may contain.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information