www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please review my hobby project

Hybrid View

Red face Please review my hobby project

Hi!
    I started to develop a web-app for task management as a hobby project. Currently Iím quite happy with its functionality but what needs improvement are design and usability. My target is to make everything as simple as possible but also good looking. So I would very appreciate your feedback. Additionally, how do you like the logo?

-> deleg8.net

Thank you!

Looks clean but not very clear what it does.
    IMO you should be very direct with what the app does for the prospect. (sell the benefits not features) Call out your prospects by telling them who they are. That way you can introduce yourself and your product without them wondering if they're wasting time.

If i'm not sure whether it matters to me, I scan. If scanning doesn't call out to me I move on.

Best of luck

Hi!
    Thanks for the comment! I totally see your point. I got the hint today, that I should write one big intro line introducing the app in one sentence. Since I really like you idea to highlight who the prospects are and what the app does for them I will use this idea for the intro line

Hi Lukas,

In general, I like it
    It is clean, simple and accurate.

As for design - it is all grey. But simply adding one-two colors could fix it, I think.
    The logo is fine, at least for now.

Some ideas about usability, also.
    "Create Project", "Manage Projects" links should not be under Settings menu. Each of them should open separate page, not tabs/panels, like it is now.
    Left menu items should be well highlighted, as it's hard for me to understand, what section I am in, even while there's not much functions on the site.
    Task management could also be enhanced, but it depends a lot on what you are planning for future.

Thank you for your comments. I basically want to focus on the task delegation. It should be as easy as possible to delegate the tasks. So all ideas for improving this functionality are very welcome

Thread Information