www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Restrict Admin Access

Restrict Admin Access

Hi, i want to restrict admin access to the admin area of my website.

I was thinking of whitelisting all the IP addresses that are allowed to access the admin area.

Is there a service that you can pay for that will allow you to connect through some sort of virtual tunnel, so that you can be guaranteed to have the same IP address regardless of your location, as you will be using the tunnel IP address... not sure if this makes sense... OR maybe you have a better way, thanks in advance...

I would say that it's most often done via login control, not IP address. I'm not aware of any such IP service as you described, and if there were, that would just mean you'd be using their login system instead of your own.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Sorry, but why dont you use a login form?

Hi, thanks for the replies... i have a login screen too and a strong password but i am simply looking for ways to tighten security

1. Buy this: Essential PHP Security
    2. Read it.
    3. What the heck: it's short, so read it again.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

eBookworm.us

You're the second person who told me to buy this can't seem to find an ebook

Looks like O'Reilly has e-book options: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596006563.do

eBookworm.us

And a Kindle version (at least in the US?): http://www.amazon.com/Essential-PHP-.../dp/B0026OR358 (significantly cheaper, by the way)

eBookworm.us

excellent, thanks...

I have provided a login form to access the admin area of my website.

Thread Information