www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: making own portfolio

making own portfolio

hi i have been studied IT, but have not finished studies. Now i am working at storage house and attending web design courses to get some practical skills. Till now we have gone through Photoshop Coreldraw Flash html css and planing to learn php and javscript. My idea is to make some kind of apps using these technologies. The way how i am planing to do it to draw design for the app and then make it using html css php javascript. Then place them in my personal website. Has anyone tried of you similar thing and maybe make some money using donation?

I did a night school course in web graphics and development based around Dreamweaver/Fireworks suite, which was largely a waste of time as I was taught to build sites with HTML4 instead of HTML5, tables instead of divs, static instead of reactive. So I've had to re-learn everything, by building a few sites of my own.

P.S. I do NOT use, or recommend, Dreamweaver because I found myself just using code view anyway and, for me, it was as complex as building sites in raw html/css/php. So what was the point learning to do it via DW???
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 02-21-2013 at 12:41 PM.

i also do not use dw because it is costal product and i have no such money to buy i prefer to use freeware equivalents or simpler programss such as notepad++ and gipk also for graphics editing/making. buy the way i am looking for teammates to brainstorm ideas how to make and what to make using html css javascript and php. it could be a grate experience to learn thes basic web development technolgies and also make own portfolio. and ofcourse meet new people around our comunity or globe.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    I did a night school course in web graphics and development based around Dreamweaver/Fireworks suite, which was largely a waste of time as I was taught to build sites with HTML4 instead of HTML5, tables instead of divs, static instead of reactive. So I've had to re-learn everything, by building a few sites of my own.

P.S. I do NOT use, or recommend, Dreamweaver because I found myself just using code view anyway and, for me, it was as complex as building sites in raw html/css/php. So what was the point learning to do it via DW???
    If you already know html5, it is not much difficult for you to learn html4. So getting trained will always helps.

It's really important to have portfolio before getting job. I'm also thinking to make portfolio during my studies. It will help me to get a job.

"Portfolio" of what? Fabric designs? Digital images? Photographs?
    There are so many examples out there. View>Source Code to see how they are done.

Do you want to roll over thumbs to see bigger images? Do you want some JavaScript slide show?

If you have a "bunch of stuff," you might do well to break it down into different categories. That way, yo can plan links to different pages/sections. Thinking through the concept of a Web site is toughest part. Consider who your audience will be.

Dreamweaver is a very helpful editing tool. Yes, work in code side of SPLIT view. I use it in school lab so cost is not a factor for me.

Post your code or link to site if it is online.

I think portfolio of what he offers services and if you are offering services in web designing then you must do it.

Thread Information