Hello,
I am totally new to php and need a help with solving the followinf problem:
I've got a database file creating 3 tables:
<?

$db=sqlite_open("../paintings.db");

@sqlite_query($db, "DROP TABLE Picture");
@sqlite_query($db, "DROP TABLE Artist");
@sqlite_query($db, "DROP TABLE Sales");

@sqlite_query($db,"CREATE TABLE Picture( ID integer PRIMARY KEY , name VARCHAR[200], year integer, artistID integer)",$sqliteerror);
@sqlite_query($db,"CREATE TABLE Artist( ID integer PRIMARY KEY , name VARCHAR[200], DOB integer, DOD integer, nationality VARCHAR[200])",$sqliteerror);
@sqlite_query($db,"CREATE TABLE Sales( pictureID integer , date VARCHAR[20], price REAL)",$sqliteerror);

//NB use of ' and "
sqlite_query($db,'INSERT INTO Picture (name, year, artistID) VALUES ( "The Haywain", 1821, 1)');
sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Picture (name, year, artistID) VALUES ( 'Salisbury Cathedral from the Meadows', 1831, 1)");
sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Picture (name, year, artistID) VALUES ( 'A Wheatfield, with Cypresses', 1889, 2)");

sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Artist (name, DOB, DOD, nationality) VALUES ( 'John Constable', 1776, 1837, 'British')");
sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Artist (name, DOB, DOD, nationality) VALUES ( 'Vincent Van Gogh', 1753, 1890, 'Dutch')");

sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Sales VALUES ( 1, '1/9/2008', 23.56)");
sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Sales VALUES ( 1, '9/1/2009', 500230.00)");
sqlite_query($db,"INSERT INTO Sales VALUES ( 3, '15/12/2009', 87.56)");

sqlite_close($db);

?>

What I have to do is:
Create a form that allows the user to input information about another picture for a given artist and then handles this in a different page. The second page shows all the artists in the database.
For the first page try to use a drop down list for the choice of artist for ones that are currently in the database hint you will need to have a query on the database to select all the artists, then use a for loop to add these to items on a drop down list.

I am so confused, do not really know what I have to do.

I would appreciate any help.