Hi; This is my first post here (The nice folks at board.phpbuilder.com recommended me to this forum)

I've used a little css (by rote/concrete examples) over the last few years but I am trying to update some of my VERY antiquated (read <frame> -based) sites with css/<div>s. I think I get the basics of how this can work, but I am having trouble with the following (probably very basic) scenario.

A two "column" page with a static/immobile vertical stack of menu buttons. This css statement seems to work fine for that:

div.leftcontent {
position: fixed ;
word-wrap: break-word;
margin-top: 0px ;
margin-left: 5px ;
width: 150px ;
line-height: 1.3em ;
text-align: center ;
}

However, I am mystified as to how to define "div.rightcontent" (ie. take up the remaining space available in the remaining window area for content without allowing it to spill over beyond the right edge of the window/opening the horizontal scroll bar When this happens, the user can scroll the content...but it slides over the left menu bar area...which is clearly going to be confusing and/or unimpressive for my users.

Here is the (obviously wrong) definition for div.rightcontent that I have in place at the moment:
div.rightcontent {
position: absolute ;
word-wrap: break-word;
margin-top: 0px ;
margin-left: 160px ;
margin-right: 0 ;
width: auto ;
line-height: 1.3em ;
padding-right: 0.5em ;
}

is there a way to make what I describe work on ANY dimension screen width (ie. the menu takes up 150 px...so on a low rez screen the user would still have 490px to the right where as others might have a couple thousand px to the right.