www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Site only loads on safari !?!?!

Hybrid View

Site only loads on safari !?!?!

I'm honestly just working as a self taught developer and have been slowly crippling along my site; however, I can't seem to get it to load in chrome or other browsers. I've been using the developer tools in Chrome to try and debug it but I am at a lost. Any help would be appreciated.

www.suffer4fashion.com

On MAC it opens in Firefox, etc. Why do we have to click VIEW? All those IE conditionals???

I cannot wrap my head around some of the basic structural <tags> being "optional," but you do have cloisng </html> so you definitely need to have opening <HTML> tag, which you do not have

Code:
    <!doctype html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>

Any advice would be appreciated.

How did you get to this state? Did you use a "create a web site" template? Or what?

You might do well to start from scratch.

I'm not above "cheating." View>Source Code of something you like and try to figure out how it was done.

I was looking at a site and gutting it. I guess I really need to learn jquery and java much more. The parallax scrolling is what intrigues me about the design. The layering and scrolling of the page.

I've been trying to remove the loader but every time I attempt to edit the 'plugins.js' or 'script.js' files I lose the scrolling effect (which is pretty much the only thing I'm trying to salvage from this site). I know this sounds rather amateur but again everything is self taught and assimilated lol. Once i get everything loading properly I want to go in and start placing my content for my photography portfolio. Feels like a hopeless endevour but I will prevail.

Any suggestions on how to edit the js files to lose the preloader and still maintain the scrolling effect?

http://magazine1.suitupordie.comAgain my site is suffer4fashion.com ... site I am gutting is

Any suggestions on how to edit the js files to lose the preloader and still maintain the scrolling effect?

For editing js file, open it in notepad, you may have option "open with" you can use this and after editing save this..

Ive done exactly that but everytime I delete the jquery loader from the plugin.js file the scroll effect doesnt work. The page appears as just the first image and is stationary.

Thread Information