www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I'm in a start-up bind!

I'm in a start-up bind!

Okay guys, so I had an idea for a website and my brother and I collaborated on the idea, creating page mock-ups and design layouts. When it came time to start developing the website, we registered with a free web host so we can both upload to a live server and develop code at each of our own paces. Then we stumbled upon our first problem. We didn't know if we should use a CMS or just build off from scratch.

We are both web developers, we're knowledgeable in html, css3, php, databases, jquery, pretty much everything we need to start a website; everything else we might not know we pick up on pretty quickly and apply. But this indecision stuck.

We don't know if we could build a website from scratch since we're of the mindset that coding what would otherwise be 'plugins' in a CMS is kind of like reinventing the wheel. On the other hand, CMS' are a total pain in the butt even for us considering we have our own theme templates and our own site structure we want to implement.

It could be that we're going about this all wrong. What do you guys think? Desperately need help here, any help is appreciated! Thanks!

As you have good knowledge in coding, programming, languages, what would you suggest for SEO friendly design, coding etc.?

Have a look at www.templatemonster.com. They have a huge collection of web templates for CMS and HTML. We used it to develop our website www.schnellsolutions.com

If you need any help, we would be happy to help

hi nubwebdev,

To solve this website design and maintenance problem like, accessing of code is difficult on web server, virtually impossible to edit without special software and training, static websites are difficult and expensive to maintain. A new technology called a Content Management System (CMS) was developed. A CMS uses a database to store, retrieve, and edit the content of your website. Each page of your site is stored as simple text - making it easy to edit, search, and manipulate. When someone visits your website the CMS automatically converts your text into the required HTML and JavaScript. Furthermore, the CMS database allows for additional features to be easily integrated into the website: user login and passwords, events and calendars, blogs, news feeds, and much more.

Best of luck

Thread Information