www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: String concatenation - calling a function from a string using variables as parameters

Hybrid View

String concatenation - calling a function from a string using variables as parameters

Hi.

Id like to know...

How could I call a function with variables as arguments from a string?

Im trying this way:

blogHTML = "<h2><a href='javascript:void(0)' onclick='Blog.getPost("+this.id,Blog._currentBlog+");'>"+this.header+"</a></h2>";

Not working...

Thanks.

use \" to quote parameter values within attribs, because unless this.id and Blog._currentBlog are numbers, they need to be quoted strings.

you can also use a template function to make it easier to code, but the nested quotes will be the same on both final outputs.
    Last edited by rnd me; 03-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rnd me View Post
    use \" to quote parameter values within attribs, because unless this.id and Blog._currentBlog are numbers, they need to be quoted strings.

you can also use a template function to make it easier to code, but the nested quotes will be the same on both final outputs.
    Hi.

How could I quote the gray code?

<a href='javascript:void(0)' onclick='Blog.getPost("+this.id+","+ Blog._currentBlog+");return false;' style='text-decoration:none;' title='Post-header-"+this.id+"'>"+this.header+"</a>

Thanks.

Thread Information