www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is Directory Submission still Beneficial?

Is Directory Submission still Beneficial?

What would you say about directory submission, is it beneficial for you or not?

I'm also doing directory submission but I use different title every time, also, I use unique description this way my submissions indexed well.
    ForumPostingService.biz - Forum Posters

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...your-site.html

It says that

Directory entries are often mentioned as another way to promote young sites in the Google index. There are great, topical directories that add value to the Internet. But there are not many of them in proportion to those of lower quality. If you decide to submit your site to a directory, make sure it's on topic, moderated, and well structured. Mass submissions, which are sometimes offered as a quick work-around SEO method, are mostly useless and not likely to serve your purposes.
    Chris, Senior Developer, Chrisranjana.com
    Php Programmers

Thanks for letting me know your views..

Yes Directory Submission is Good for young websites .
    Some Webmasters Found its good to build links from Directories while other reported it as bad techniques .
    I found its Good technique and one should build links from directories , again quality and relevancy the two main seo factors lies here too .
    As 4tuffs suggested is good Idea .

Quote Originally Posted by 4tuffs View Post
    I'm also doing directory submission but I use different title every time, also, I use unique description this way my submissions indexed well.

Directory Submission helps in obtaining backlink from other website..Moreover it helps to increase the hit rate of our website..

Quote Originally Posted by amisha View Post
    Directory Submission helps in obtaining backlink from other website..Moreover it helps to increase the hit rate of our website..
    Are you get benefit from directory submission these days?

Quote Originally Posted by ProSence View Post
    Are you get benefit from directory submission these days?
    Ya of course..Directory submission definitely helps you obtaining backlink and it increase the website traffic..Moreover links from Directories are sometimes considered as Google backlink by Google.

Quote Originally Posted by amisha View Post
    Ya of course..Directory submission definitely helps you obtaining backlink and it increase the website traffic..Moreover links from Directories are sometimes considered as Google backlink by Google.
    Thank you!

Depends on a directory. Better focus on the few high quality directories like Dmoz, Yahoo directory, etc. and try to get there. Most of other directories are not welcomed by Google warmly. And to remove websites from them later after you are punished by Google will be much harder then making a right decision now and not posting it at all.

Thread Information