www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help to gather customer information

Smile Need help to gather customer information

Hello poeple

i need advise how to make, a script so i can via my company's facebook page gather information. or make an online booking script

i think the first one is easiest to make, therefore i need to know how i setup a javascript that works like this :

a person enters the date they want the job done,
    how many hours they want,
    how many persons they are

and some contact informations about the customer.

first to know that is we are a company that delivers bartenders with all inclusive (so you book us and get everything for a party bar)

but i need the information they enter to go to my mail and then i will in person contact them by phone or mail within 24 hours.
    later on when i get better to use javascript i want the program to give an estimated price for the job, and then i will contact the customer for more information and maybe a cheaper price,
    but in head task the program will check how many hours and persons at the job and calculate a price and then calculate transport distance and calculate transport price.

i hope someone can help me understand how to make this, and i have ot used javesript before but i think its what i need,

and sorry for my bad english and gramma, but im from denmark and not used to speak english in daily use.

sincerly John.
    Marketing and PR-Manager

What you are requesting cannot be done effectively with JavaScript. Furthermore when dealing with clients personal details like you indicate you need to be aware of the security implications when gathering and storing and using said data.

Your best solution will be to use forms within a web page and once filled in send that off to a server to process and store for your perusal. JavaScript can be used to help the client fill in the details required and maybe a few other minor details but not much else. The server will have one of the popular scripting languages to accept that form data and process it to make sure it is fit to use (validation) and then store it in a txt file or better still a database. The server will also be able to send you an e-mail indicating the booking. Altogether the server option will be the best choice because it is a common feature that businesses need to have when customers initiate contact with personal information.

One final though: because of security concerns you need to have this done professionally and preferably locally because if a customerís details are leaked out then they may cause a few headaches for you.

Thread Information