dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wordpress vs Blogger

Wordpress vs Blogger

Hi,

which one do you like most, Wordpress or Blogger?

And why?

Well, for me, Wordpress is good, as it is too SEO friendly.

Smile

I like both of these blogging platform - i.e., WordPress and Blogger. WordPress is a highly moderated blogger platform at any time your blog gets deleted when you break any rules set by them, while using it you have to take lots of precautions for not being punished by them.

On the other side, Blogger is an easy to use blog platform which is used by anyone and not so much restrictive as WordPress. So, enjoy both of these blogging platform with a smile.

Thanks for your reviews!

Both are good but if you want to earn money from Adsense then using Blogger is really good way, you can easily get Adsense account and start earning money.

I like Wordpress, where I can customize the appearance and create some themes. It also has a data base, which is very helpful for me.

I love blogger, because it's so idiot proof.
    You can just drag and drop all the content boxes in the back end - or stretch each column as you see fit in the background back end section.
    But it's not as advanced as Wordpress.

So it depends what you want from a blogging platform.

If you just want something basic, go with Blogger, because it's quick, easy and integrated with Google+ and AdSense.
    Wordpress takes more work to get things just right.

Also, think about what platform people in your blogging niche are using.
    From personal experience, I found that a Wordpress blog doesn't seem to do so well in a niche where Blogger sites are popular.

For me wordpress is the most effective, reliable and secure and blog platform to use.

Quote Originally Posted by dana franklin View Post
    For me wordpress is the most effective, reliable and secure and blog platform to use.
    Would you please let me know why it is effective for you?

Hi ProSence,
    Wordpress is a very good platform for blogging. It have excellent features from you can create your own fully functioning and attractive blog. It is best for SEO you can add WP plug-ins to make your blog or website more search engine friendly like All in One SEO Pack, Google XML Sitemaps etc.

There are tons of Blogger Blogs ranking in the top page in Google for various keywords, but you won’t see too many WordPress.com blogs ranking high (of course we aren't saying that there aren't any, but rather we're saying there aren't many!). On the other hand, there is literally millions of blogs set-up with the WordPress CMS.

Both are good blogging platform for blogger with latest features for me i will choose wordpress for my blog because of available theme and plugin that make blog more SEO and user friendly.

I'd go for blogger, it is considered secure and more reliable.

Wordpress has become the most efficient and most commonly used blogging tool. It comes with all the features that enable you to create a blog without any knowledge on coding and other technical issues. You just need to follow some simple and easy steps and it gets you a blog account within minutes and without any headache. You can have a wide variety of free themes and templates. It offers plugins and widgets that helps a lot in SEO ranking. So i prefer Wordpress.

1. Ease of Use

WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. on a regular basis is a breeze and can be done quickly. Because the technology is so simple, time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.

2. Manage Your Website from Any Computer

WordPress is browser-based. You can login from any Internet connected computer and manage your site.

3. No HTML Editing or FTP Software Required

WordPress is a self-contained system and does not require HTML editing software (such as Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver). You can create a new page or blog post, format text, upload images (and edit them), upload documents, video files, image galleries, etc. all without the need for additional HTML or FTP software.

4. Search Engines Love WordPress Sites

The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index a site’s content. In addition, each page, post, and image can have its own meta tag keywords, description, and title, and be optimized for specific keywords, allowing for very precise search engine optimization. You can also use tags to further enhance your search engine optimization efforts.

5. You Have Control of Your Site

No more waiting for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of nearly every aspect of your site and can easily make those simple updates yourself.

6. The Design of Your Website is 100% Customizable

WordPress acts as the engine for your website. The look and feel of the site can be 100% customized so your brand can shine through on your site and provide a unique experience to your visitors.

7. A Blog is Built-in and Ready to Go

Since WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are easy to integrate, if desired. Setting up RSS / email subscriptions to your blog, commenting capabilities, and automatically adding the most recent blog posts to other pages of the site (your home page, for example) are also very simple to set-up, and help to extend your company’s reach and make your site more dynamic and interactive.

8. Extend the Functionality of Your Site with Plugins

Want to add an event calendar, video gallery, Twitter Feed, Facebook Fan Box, and more to your site? WordPress makes this possible with plugins, most of which are free or very reasonably priced.

9. Your Site Can Grow as Your Business Grows

WordPress sites are very scalable. You can have hundreds of thousands of pages or blog posts on your site and the performance of the site will not be compromised in the least.

10. Have Multiple Users

As an administrator of a WordPress site, you can set-up multiple users for the website and assign access levels and capabilities to each user.

I have mentioned few of wordpress tips,

1. A little time is needed to get adjust with WordPress.
    2. Has a huge plugins store with every need.You just need to search for what you want.
    3. Provide a great range of free templates in the templates store but don’t provide dynamic views.
    4. WordPress requires a certain net speed to work with.You can’t operate it nicely in slow speed.
    5. You can make your blog a guest blog so that other bloggers can come and write on yours.
    6. Self hosted WordPress blogs require more investment & technical efforts as they require hosting facilities. So you need to spent money for hosting on sites like HostGator, every month or every year.
    7. Your template customizations and coding can be backed up, so that when you switch to a new template you don’t require to work once again on them.
    8. WordPress is also a safe platform but the no. of hacking reports are more here. You need to take some security measures to save your blog from hackers.

Magento Web Development

Thread Information