www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Why are relations in the Phpmyadmin Designer different colors?

Why are relations in the Phpmyadmin Designer different colors?

I just started using the Phpmyadmin Designer feature today and the only thing i haven't been able to figure out is why some relations are drawn in different colors.

All relations that reference a bigint(20) to bigint(20) are yellow and it would make sense if colors indicate how big column types are... but some int(11) to int(11) relations are green while other int(11) to int(11) relations are pink. And i also have two int(6) to int(6) relations one of which is blue, the other one is turquoise.

I'm not saying it annoys me or that i "dislike" the colors or whatever. But they obviously mean something and i'd like to know what it is?

I have not used that particular tool, but my guess is that the colors represent something about the relation itself, not about the column types (e.g. is it specified as a foreign key or not).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Well....... I've finally found an answer here.

The green and blue relation link colors don't mean anything; they just help distinguish the individual joins in the spaghetti that can result from many links crowding into the same space.
    Which i can vouch for that is in fact true, because i've just examined the colors a bit and then returned to the Designer and they were different. So i guess my assumption that they "obsiously" mean something was wrong.

Heh...I guess that could be a useful feature, even if not immediately intuitive to us.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information