www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: extract all phone numbers from a text

extract all phone numbers from a text

Hi All ,

I want to extract all phone numbers from a text including all phone number formats.
    I mean the code must extract :
    0111 97 99 611
    002-01119799611
    (002)01119799611

Can Someone help ?

Probably you'd use preg_match_all(), but first you'll need to define all possible patterns you might want to search for, and convert them into regular expressions -- or possibly one regexp if you're lucky (or good).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

php regex

Quote Originally Posted by darroosh2 View Post
    Hi All ,

I want to extract all phone numbers from a text including all phone number formats.
    Can Someone help ?
    You can start by learning more about regexp from places like (http://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/ph...expression.htm) and then move on to online regexp testing websites like (http://gskinner.com/RegExr/).
    Chris, Senior Developer, Chrisranjana.com
    Php Programmers

I know that it can be done using regular expressions . But i'm pretty new to regex , So I need help creating its regex.

I think the searched value must be : zero or more occurances of ( any number or dash or space or () or plus ) then must be : ( 01 ) then more than 9 occurances of (any number or dash or space ).

Thank you for your time.

I think I did it :
    $search = preg_match_all("/(\d+|\-|\+|\(|\)|\ ){0,}(01)(\d+|\ |\-){8,14}/",$text,$matches);

This regex worked fine and returned all phone number but noticed two problems:
    1- if two mobile number are written beside each others , they are extracted as one number, for example: +2 0111 9799 - 618 +2 0111 9799 - 618
    2- The following is matched : "2001 - 2006 "
    Notice the spaces after 2006 , So How can I make it only one space ?
    And how can force it to stop when it finds "plus" or when it finds "tab" or "more than one space"

Regards,

Thread Information