www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: SQL / ASP replace character

SQL / ASP replace character

Hi,

I'm currently trying to export data from an sql table to a CSV file using classic asp, this has worked absolutely fine except one column partdesc has several commas in which causes the import to CSV to start a new column, however I actually want the data to be in the same column when exporting. Is there away to replace these using the replace function either on the SQL Select statement or when I write the lines to the CSV file.

SQL select statement

HTML Code:
      "SELECT partmaster.partnum, partmaster.partdesc, stock.stloc FROM efacdb.dbo.partmaster INNER JOIN efacdb.dbo.stock ON partmaster.partnum = stock.stocknum WHERE partmaster.partdesc NOT  LIKE 'PG50%' AND  NOT (partmaster.partnum LIKE 'CITYLINK%' OR partmaster.partnum LIKE 'CWO%' OR partmaster.partnum LIKE 'FWC%' OR partmaster.partnum LIKE 'FWD%' OR partmaster.partnum LIKE 'RECORDED%' OR partmaster.partnum LIKE 'UPSEX%' OR partmaster.partnum LIKE 'UPSSTD%')"
    ASP write line

HTML Code:
    LogFile.WriteLine((objRS("partnum"))&","&("")&","&("")&","&(objRS("partnum"))&","&("")&","&(date())&","&(date())&","&("0")&","&("0")&","&("0")&","&(objRS("stloc"))&","&("0")&","&("0")&","&("0")&","&("0")&","&("")&","&("RFS")&","&(objRS("partdesc")))
    Thanks

All sorted, put a character in the wrong place.

Thread Information