dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Form results to another page?

Form results to another page?

I like to post my form results to another page, how can I do this?

I'm new to this, so please bare with me. Thank you

I have a form like this:

Input name, etc

I like to send it to another page just for the results.

<form action "page where it submitting to" method="get" target="results of page">

Im not sure how to do this, can maybe use iframe but i rather have a new page if possible.

Your question does not make sense. Do you mean that you want to send the results to two pages? If so, you can't, well, not directly from the form.

However, some lateral thinking might help:- why on earth do you want to do that anyway??? What purpose does it serve that you cannot do with one target page?

I have a booking engine that dont look part of my site (blank template). What I want to do is embed it to look part of my site by either with a new page or perhaps Iframe not sure the best way of doing it. Does that make sense now?

That's clearer. If the booking engine has it's own form, and you want to embed it in a page that you can style to look part if your site, then an IFrame is the way to do it. Whether you embed it in an existing page or one set up specifically for it is up to you.

As an alternative, it my be possible to take the form input in your own form and pass the results to the engine, but that:
    a) Is more work.
    b) May need to be written in PHP.
    c) Requires a depth of understanding of the data input.
    d) Is liable to be broken if/when the input structure of the target form changes.

It's much easier, and more robust, to just link the engine's own input page in an IFrame. However, I've done my own input form on my site to front-end the W3C HTML5, CSS3 and links validators, but there the input is fairly simple. I added my own input form so I can pass the input to the three validators simultaneously, all embedded in IFrames in the same page. If you want to see how that works go to http://www.emberwebsites.co.uk/ and select the HTML5 Validation Suite.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 03-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Isnt there a way instead of using iframes is to use Div? so basically when you submit form it replaces the division, if this makes sense.

Right now it works but its not pretty the way it is.

Ok this site uses same booking engine, so what are they using?

http://www.montrosetravel.com/cars

I've had a look at the source code of that site, and this may be what you are looking for:

<form name="SearchForm" id="mtCarSearchForm" method="post" action="/cars/search">

I.e. They are taking the input in their own form, and passing it to a script "/cars/search". I do not have access to the script, so I can't be more specific than that.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 03-19-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Thread Information