Can never find the answer to my problems - always find something close but not the solution!!!

Anyway, a relative newbie to all this and would like some help as I just can't find the solution with for() continue() next() etc etc - all confusing.

My problem is - I am creating an online roster for a volunteer organistion.

Every day there is a Manager on call, but if they are unavailable, the roster will just go to the next available Name.

If the particular Name is the last row of the table, it needs to Loop back to the top and go through the names in sequential order.

EG

--------------------------
id | Name
----------------------------
1 | Joe
2 | Bill
3 | Bob
4 | Richard
5 | Tom
----------------------------
Scenario

Bill is rostered on, but has indicated via an Admin Form he is unavailable today. Therefore the Roster will indicate Bob as the Duty Manager. If Bob has also indicated not available, then would show Richard as Duty Manager.

If Tom was down as Duty Manager, but was unavailable, would show Joe etc etc

Basically Loops until next available Name (in sequence).

I realise that this could end up an infinite Loop if NO ONE available so would have to break after one / two complete Loops?

My current code I'm experimenting with is (found on the PHP Site) which displays relevant data according to the query string.

PHP Code:

$query 
"SELECT * FROM users LEFT JOIN days ON users.id = days.id WHERE users.Avail = 'Y' AND users.Manager = 'y' AND users.Active = 'Y' AND days.tues = 'Y' AND users.Tues = 'Y'";

$result mysqli_query($roster,$query);

while (
$row mysqli_fetch_assoc($result))
 {

printf ("Name: %s\n"$row['Name'].'<br /><br /><br />');

// Looping through the resultset.

}

// Now if you need to loop through it again, you would first call the seek function:
mysqli_data_seek($result,0);

while (
$row mysqli_fetch_assoc($result))
 {

printf ("Name: %s\n"$row['Name']. '<br />');
// Looping through the resultset again.

}
mysqli_close($roster); 
Above just shows below results -

Name: Bob Smith
Name: Tom Jones

Then repeats again

Name: Bob Smith
Name: Tom Jones

After a successfully query, would then just place the output into specific areas of a HTML Page

PHP Code:
echo $row['Name'];
echo 
$row['Mobile'];
echo 
$row['Telephone']; 
etc
etc