dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How reliable is elance.com?

Hybrid View

How reliable is elance.com?

I'm looking into hiring a web designer for my site and came across elance.com, Can these people scam you? Just wondering if its reliable

Elance is a legitimate site. The big three for hiring freelancers are *****.com, Elance.com and freelancer.com. There are many good developers on all three sites and also some scammy ones.

For best results:
    1. Setup a clear project summary. Make sure that you detail all the changes that you need.
    2. For small projects, use a fixed price contract.
    3. Document everything on site.
    4. Do your homework when you hire. Look for freelancers who have completed lots of projects and ask good questions when they place their bid.
    5. Test, test, test your work.

Good luck.

I believe that Elance.com is a reliable site but, even on legit sites there are still chances of getting scam. One of the best things you could do to before hiring a web designer is to test them first. You could conduct an interview and ask for some references, which help you assure that the person youíre going to hire is thrust worthy and competent for the job. However, looking only in one area will tend to miss you great talents and skills. Try to expand your search on other sites like Staff.com, Guru.com and even on job boards like Craigslist and Monster.com. This also helps you find the right person for the job.

Yes,Elance is a legitimate site with proper licensing and copyrights.I think it is reliable comparatively.

Yes, Elance is good freelancing site, apart from this, you can use Freelancer.com as well!

Quote Originally Posted by iTech View Post
    Yes, Elance is good freelancing site, apart from this, you can use Freelancer.com as well!
    Yes Agree but if you want to hire someone for hourly rate then ***** is better.

Elance is a big and reputed site. But most of the Freelance sites on the web canít simply help you when you need a complex, abstract project done in those domains. This is because those sites have no expertise or tools to support you about the pricing, deadlines or management of the project. However, they are good in tangible services like web development, logo development etc.

Statlance from tutorteddy helps you with projects needing abstract thinking.

elance.com is one of the most trusted and used online resource allocation site, you can easily without any hesitation can hire someone from elance.com to do your web development work. I can guarantee not a single penny of yours will go waste if you use/hire a freelancer or a company to complete the work from elance.com

Of course, Elance is really a good freelance site, there is no doubt to it...

However, you freelancer.com is also a great site, here you can find projects in almost all the budget, lots of users are there.

No doubt good site for best users or experienced clients..
    But what about *****??

Besides you can find developers on other freelance marketplaces (*****, Guru, PeoplePerHour, Freelancer.com). Also advice/references are reliable sources of information after you have gathered a bulk of opinions. It's good if you have trusted friends or acquaintances who can advise you on a software development company, the experience of collaboration, etc. Otherwise you may gather opinions from various forums.
    Of course there is always some part of risk, but if you choose software development company carefully, it will reduce it.

Elance.com is the famous legitimate website through which you can get many business relevant projects. I got many projects through it.

Well, for me personally freelancer is the best. This is something I reccomend!

Or *****.com

Sorry *****

Thread Information