www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can you paste PHP code into my database pages on mySQL?

Can you paste PHP code into my database pages on mySQL?

It looks like you can paste anything into those pages but the problem that I had before was the PHP script doesn't seem to work!? I'm talking about when I have a dynamic Web site and "pages" are being accessed from the database..

Who knows??

At a guess, sounds like a job for eval(). However, as the creator of PHP is alleged to have said, "If eval() is the answer, you're probably asking the wrong question." (e.g.: why do you want to store PHP code in the DB, and what happens if some hacker manages to stick some nasty code into your DB?)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

So I suppose I should integrate my features or add-ons to my Web site in some other manner? Like for instance if I want to add form processing, a php calculator, etc..

Typically you use include files (often using one file per class definition if going object-oriented, otherwise perhaps loading function definitions and other procedural code) which you can require()/require_once() as needed.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information