www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: frontpage issues

Hybrid View

frontpage issues

Hi all,
    I have been given the responsibility of maintaining and updating a site that was built in FrontPage. I am new at development and have never heard of FrontPage. 1) are there any known issues I will have to consider going forward and should I migrate from FrontPage? If so, how?

Thanks in advance for any and all help

The last release of FrontPage was in 2003, I think. So it's 10 years behind the curve, in an industry that changes all the time. So unless you have some personal attachment to it, I would migrate away from it. The only stickler I know of are the proprietary "FrontPage Extensions", which are run-time server components that could optionally be used in a FrontPage web site. If those are used, you would need to ensure they either stay on the server, or that you convert them to another server language. You could ask the server administrator if those extensions are on the server - hopefully they are not being used for the site.

Presuming you do not need FPX, you can edit the site with any editor of your choosing.

Dave

Hi, I think FrontPage is like What You See Is What You Get web building tool. It allows you to drag-and-drop buttons, images, modify fonts, build tables, etc in an easy to use environment. FrontPage can also automatically update your web site for you

Thread Information