Instructions for the assignme
var sports=new Array("Football", "Basketball", "Rollerblading", "Hiking", "Biking", "Swimming");
var person=prompt("Please enter your name","Enter Name Here");
if (person!=null && person!="");
//message after name will go into here x="Hello " + person + "! How are you today?";
var array=prompt("Guess the name of one of the sports in the array","Enter Sport Here");
if (array!=null && array!="");
Populate an array with these sports, typed as they are here:
Football, Basketball, Rollerblading, Hiking, Biking, Swimming
2. Prompt the user for their name. This will be used in the messages later.
3. Prompt the user to guess a sport to see if they can guess one that is in the array. Do
not show them what is in the array. This will be repeated 3 times. Read on for the
processing of each guess.
a. For each guess, compare what the user enters to the values in the array.
(Remember: a lower case letter is not the same as an uppercase letter and you
cannot require the user to enter their guess in a specific case) If what the user
entered is not in the array then give them a message to “Guess Again”. If they
guessed one of the sports correctly, give them a message like “You are good, try
b. For each guess, if the user guesses the right sport then give them 5 points and
go on to the next prompt so they can try to guess the next sport. If they don’t
guess it then, take away 5 points and go on to the next prompt.
c. If the user hits the cancel key on the prompt window, before the 3 times, then
end the game and give them an alert that says “Playersname, you are chicken!”,
where the Playersname is what they entered in #2 above.
4. After 3 times playing, if the players score is 15 then tell them “Playername, you are a
5. After 3 times playing, if the players score is 0-15 then tell them “Playername, you are
6. After 3 times playing, if the players score is less than zero then tell them “Playername,
you do not demonstrate ESP tendencies at this time.”