dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP vs asp.net

PHP vs asp.net

Hello friend,
    i want to re-create my company site http://www.exactitsolutions.com. Now my site is in PHP but now i want to convert it into asp.net with vb.net.So i want to know by you that i am doing right to convert my site or doing wrong...

Software and Website Developing Company

Well Radhika, there's no wrong in converting your site to asp .net with vb .net! In fact it is an excellent idea i guess. With the growing demand and increasing popularity, the broad spectrum of .Net development and programming services business landscapes are changing quickly and continuously. Irrespective of the type each and every business generates huge volumes of data which contains valuable ASP.NET programming information like information about their products, operations, people and customers. Dot Net is a latest technology which helps you to do your business in a better and effective way. Mainly ASP.net is an outstanding web application framework especially to build and design dynamic webpages. Today large and famous companies are using ASP.net framework for showing off the power, productivity and speed over their official websites.

http://www.comentum.com/php-vs-asp.net-comparison.html

WHAT???!! php to asp.net converting?! It's definitely wrong. asp.net is like a trap.

B-210, 2nd Floor,Ganesh Plaza, Ahmedabad 380009
    Of course PHP is better the Asp.net...
    I am also don't code on ASP.net. I prefer PHP. And i am not only just look at the most popular websites Facebook, Wikipedia or millions of Wordpress and Joomla websites they are written on PHP.

both options has pros and cons, I have experience in both and huge number of website already written on both. I would say you should look on your internet provider the big reason which drive to development in PHP is cheap web hosting, .net hosting always more expensive and on all providers offered... second is your skill PHP is simpler for beginners, but .net has more staff already build in. amish159, in addition to Wordpress and Joomla it is big number of CMS written on .Net... It is like which database to use? access, mysql, ms sql, oracle or something else...

ASP and PHP are both programming languages that are commonly used to create websites.
    Both ASP and PHP are languages used to build Dynamic Web sites that can interact with Databases and exchange information.

Cost
    To run ASP programs one needs IIS installed on a Windows platform server, which is not free. PHP programs run on Linux, which is free.

Speed
    If we compare the speed of ASP and PHP then PHP has an upper hand. PHP code runs faster than ASP. ASP is built on COM based architecture, which is an overhead for the server whereas PHP code runs in its own memory space.

Platform
    PHP programs can run on various platforms like Linux, Unix, Windows and Solaris whereas ASP is mainly associated with Windows platforms. However, ASP can run on a Linux platform with ASP-Apache installed on the server.

Well ,

Radhika , as i can see that your website is on PHP for the time being as i visited and you have only few pages as you are not using any framework like joomla , wordpress or any other , which is good but as you want to change your website from PHP to ASP.NEt its the best option to do so far ASP.NET is like a substitute of JAVA websites and once you change your website from PHP to ASP.NET you will get your all answers and you can also create as many pages and .NEt website will work so much faster than PHP .

You can even check out on internet few .NET websites

as we have recently develop .NET website - http://shridarshrealtors.com/ also http://nkwebart.in/ and also now going to launch one more .NET Website for one of our Client . will share the link later on .

Hope this will help you

Regards
    Navneet k soni

Thread Information