www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: automatic thumnail from a pdf file?

automatic thumnail from a pdf file?

hello all

I am building a site right now. In my site i am refering pdf file from href text link. Click on the text and the broewser is opening the pdf, Woks perfectly. But want to change the text by an img or thumnail if you prefer. Often in other site i see pdf files reachable via an image and this image often the first page of the pdf file. I mean is there a proper way to code that so the code is telling the browser to get the first page o f a pdf as the linking image. or the only way to do it is to make yourselg a picture from the first page of the pdf file and set it as an href img link?

thnak you all

You'll need some software running on the server to automatically generate thumbnails from a PDF file. You can't do with with HTML and/or JavaScript alone. Most of the examples I've found use ImageMagick, often with GhostScript. They're easy to find in Google.

But, if you're new to web development, I'd suggest creating the thumbnail images manually as best you can and use them as needed.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

thank you sir, much appreciated.

good day

thank you guys for sharing! I use an imaging sdk which can create thumbnails found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable processing option.Then you can create thumbnails in your image in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open the images, select thumbnail,and follow the setps given in the sdk, the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.

Thread Information