www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help!!!

Need help!!!

Hello , i really need some help from a professional. I am a newbie . Started a website and i am still trying to learn while building it.

I have seen like, follow buttons appearing on the site of the website and when you are scrolling up and down they stay on the left/right side of the screen. I hope i explained it correctly :| I really like it and want to have it on my website. I was searching for hours on google to find something but couldn't. If somebody can help , please PM or reply to this topic.
    Thanks a lot in advance

I have been waiting and quite a lot of people viewed this thread but nobody responded. I found one website with similar buttons and cause i have noting to do with it i do not want to promote it , but i want you to see what i meant - voltrank. Please tell me how i can do it or tell me a link where i can read more info.

Moved to the CSS forum, as this is not a server-side issue, and most likely is done with a position:fixed; CSS setting.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Position:fixed is the right answer, but beware: not every device has a PC sized screen. The minimum you are likely to need to support is 360px or so. So floating the buttons, say, 400px from the top is a no no. Try something like

#leftbuttons:
    position: fixed;
    left: 0;
    width: 150px;
    top: auto;
    bottom: auto;

I haven't tested it, but that should be something like what you need...

Thank you for moving it.... I wasn't sure where to post it. thanks for the advices ... I am working now on it. I think it's gonna work.

Thread Information