www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Search engine for intranet web

Hybrid View

Question Search engine for intranet web

i am working in a institution for poor children s and i had done a collected a lot of information in pdf for these children now i am using directory browsing for each subject. i am willing to make a search page by which children can search their topics and browse it.
    please guide me . my web is in asp.net+vb coding in backend

This is really great step, I appreciate your work.

Great idea! Well you may find this alternative solution interesting. You could let an icon on the desktop that launches a Search engine very simple to use such as IntraCherche or GoogleDesktop (maybe too complicated at first sight). We've implemented the first one in a local school to help children search for contents they would like to read, and then read those books. It did work great for us :-).

Cheers Ton/

So this can apply for You ...

As Intranets become more common place, the need for implementing the ability to search for content has become more important. Without a search engine, much of the content that makes up an Intranet is lost. With so much importance placed on this tool, it is imperative that thoughtful planning precede the implementation.

Thread Information