www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: malicious toolbar and search engine mysearchresults.com

malicious toolbar and search engine mysearchresults.com

Hello,
    I made the mistake of installing a couple free video editing programs and this malicious search engine or toolbar or whatever it is, called mysearchresults.com starting to automatically show up in my IE, Chrome and firefox. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled again and from firefox it is gone but although i did the same to chrome it is still there. And from the chrome options i can not get rid of it as it even managed to change the settings and options stuff for chrome.

How can I get rid of this unwanted toolbar and search engine that frustrates me so much. Please help me to get rid of this.

note: it also caused my desktop background to set to defult for some reason. when i turned my pc off and on i mean...

The company has a support site that gives you uninstall instructions here:: http://support.mysearchresults.com/home

To remove My Search Results from the list of search engines, do the following:

Firefox

1. Click the drop-down arrow in the box showing Search Here

2. Select "Manage Search Engines"

2. Highlight Search here and click the Remove button

Internet Explorer

1. From the Tools menu select Internet Options

2. In the Search section, click on Settings.

3. highlight the search engine you wish to be the default engine and select Make Default.

4. Highlight Search here and click the Remove button.

Chrome

1. Click the Wrench icon next to the address box and select Settings

2. In the Search section, click on Manage Search Settings.

3. Right-click the the search engine you wish to be the default engine and select Make Default.

4. Highlight Search here and click the Remove button.

5. Click OK

How do I remove the My Search Results search box from new tabs in my Browser?

Search Results Support Mar 18 • Tips & Tricks

Firefox

1. Go to Tools-->Add-ons

2. Highlight Default Tab and click the Options button

3. Clear the check box next to “Show search on new tabs”

Internet Explorer & Chrome

To remove My Search Results from the new tabs, you need to uninstall the Default Tab application. See the instructions on this page

How do I change my Browser Home Page?

Firefox: Click the orange "Firefox" button on the top left then click Options. On General tab, click Restore to Default.
    Internet Explorer: From the Tools menu select Internet Options. On the General tab click Restore to Default
    Chrome: Click on the Wrench icon next to the address bar. Select Options and on the basics tab set your default home page.

How do I uninstall My Search Results search bar?

To remove the Default Tab search bar from your computer, do the following:

Firefox

1. Go to Tools-->Add-ons

2. Highlight Default Tab and click the Remove button

Internet Explorer & Chrome

1. From the Start Menu select Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall/Remove Programs.

3. Select Default Tab in the list of installed applications.

4. Click Remove or Uninstall and follow the prompts to finish the uninstallation of the software.

For further information, you can visit the support center of mysearchresults here : support.mysearchresults.com

Hi ketanco,
    Its very painfull to hear about what you are facing about mysearchresults.com . Apart from marcobeckmann's suggestions I would also like to suggest something else.
    U can also try reinstalling windows & then the problem will disappear surely.

Reinstalling any operating system should be a last resort thing to do. That is pretty much bad advice to give anyone as some proprietary & OEM systems have specific drivers to do the most basic of things on a PC and you could if you don't have the drivers disc be stuck with a PC that boots but not much else.

I have a packard bell machine that needs drivers and packard bell stopped supporting that machine a few years ago, I chanced it hoping that windows would use default drivers but it does not have them and I am stuck with a machine that won't connect to the internet or sound output. I am lucky that the video works on it!
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information