www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: html css.....desgn ????

Hybrid View

html css.....desgn ????

ok just so you guys know im not a noob i know what im saying so please no disrespects or anything of the sort and yes i know my typing is horrible.

ok from ever since i remembered i have always been trying to learn that secret to how pro web designers develop such beatiful looking websites. Seeeing that i am naturally a programmer and was never to keen on anything graphic(seriously if u asked me to draw a stick man u would be shocked) i assumed i could not produce this not because i did not know html,css,javascript combination but because i just didnt have that design eye. so i googled and found out that more or less they were actually illaberate grid systems if u will. tried that think i got the hang of it only still my websites did not look very pro they looked better but not top notch. recenly did some more serching anf found out it was faaaaaar deeper than knowing how to float the header, navs ect but the ones that really looked top notch were done first (for a feel of the look) in photo shop then replicated with css and viola the looks.

now keep in mind im not really a designer but this is something i need to learn as my customers are gonna like beauty as well as functinality.

what is like the the pro way you guys really do it?
    the process i usually go by now is conceptualise draw some rectangles(i learned the rule of thirds) to define the header,content ect and then mark it up.

is it that you use photoshop to come up with a look or what am so........in need

please ignore all compliance issues with my exaple i know them trust me. i just strung something together to show as a example of where i am
    Attached Files Attached Files

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there zanda,

I have made a few modifications, that may give you some inspirational ideas.

coothead
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by coothead View Post
    Hi there zanda,

I have made a few modifications, that may give you some inspirational ideas.

coothead
    thanks a million but seriously i havent even looked at the code and i feel bad is there a specific way u guys do it or something?
    do i need photoshop?

hello zanda that's very nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by howarddrive View Post
    hello zanda that's very nice idea.
    i know right the guys that are suppose to be helping me a re very lazy and not doing a thing sso if you wanna help or anything that would be nice even if its just that we brain storming for ideas.

i use php and javascript. you know any of that?

i really need some help and or advice. im going to google it but im sure there will be some things that are still unclear to me after so i would love your input. email king.zan@hotmail.com

ok i did alot of research here and what i am seeing is that what is usually done to get the beautiful reults is that they first conceptualise a look
    pretaining to the type of website(i knew this step)

Then they make a wire frame with either a notepad or a software like photoshop(gonna try to adopt the photoshop way)

Then they create a mockup of the site useing photoshop(gonna learn this as i usuall browser or handcode if you will)

Then they do some slicing and basically come up with ways to represent in css and html what they had mockup(yaaay seems like this is what i was looking for)

And this is what i basically got from research and look at the templates i admire i can see this being represented. Again coothead i love the changes and thanks. i have added my own touches and can say this is the one thing i browser coded that actually looks good.

With all i have learned i think i am now able to make them work and make them appealing...

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011...esign-process/ (helped me alot and the resources are invaluable especially that color blender really its something i wish i had made.
    Last edited by zanda; 04-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.

You found one of the best sites for web design, you on the right track.

ok for some reson im just finding out about adobe fireworks.......its looks like a good software and more into what i am doing as a developer. remember guys am relly not trrying to do a desinger's work as im very bad at it. but while working in photoshop i realised when i was done makeing what i wanted the site to look like i had a problem where i coudnt find the properties i needed to convert in into css/xhtml fireworks cs6 seems to solve this. my question is tho i wanted to keep that resume as attractive as possible and lets face it photoshop is more known and it looks better on a reume. Further more i like codeing and wasnt looking for an app to take all the fun out of it so any feedback?

i have people that make things look good for me but thats with photoshop. i just wanted to know that i can atleast make something for a client to look at. how will my designers photoshop work cooperate with fireworks so that i can see the properties of the elemets to capture that look. and so sorry for the rambling and bad typing im actually trying to learn to type in that pro way so please put up with me .

ok well i did some stuff and tho i dont really like it. i acomplised doing a mockup and then converting it which was my goal now its just to get some design sense

http://www.2shared.com/file/wfIgBAsM...op_layout.html

its all there

HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is a widely accepted web-design language.
    HTML is responsible for the construction, and the total output, of a page.
    There are three "sections" of a decent HTML document source: Inline, Internal, and External.
    Inline markup goes in the <body> tag, and defines the webpage's base layout. It structures the output of a webpage, such as creating tables and divisions (And the data in them), forms and buttons, links (And anchors), or even just normal text and images (And videos, flash documents, etc). Inline markup is not generally used to decorate the page with colors and borders, as these methods are usually deprecated. HTML should be used to create the structure of a webpage - Not decorate it with borders, lines, and colors (Although it's possible).
    CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is another widely-accepted web-design language.
    Unlike HTML, CSS does not "create" anything. Instead, it decorates, aligns, and positions (etc) elements in HTML. In a nutshell, CSS takes the normal HTML output and adds a few rules to how it's actually displayed.
    CSS can edit things such as element width and height, background color, border, alignment, and actual visibility, for starters. HTML is capable of doing some of these things, but as mentioned earlier, the methods are usually deprecated, or are soon to be deprecated.
    CSS is incorporated into a webpage using Internal markup (In the <head>; in <style> tags) or external markup (From a ".css" file).

Quote Originally Posted by tejas View Post
    HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is a widely accepted web-design language.
    HTML is responsible for the construction, and the total output, of a page.
    There are three "sections" of a decent HTML document source: Inline, Internal, and External.
    Inline markup goes in the <body> tag, and defines the webpage's base layout. It structures the output of a webpage, such as creating tables and divisions (And the data in them), forms and buttons, links (And anchors), or even just normal text and images (And videos, flash documents, etc). Inline markup is not generally used to decorate the page with colors and borders, as these methods are usually deprecated. HTML should be used to create the structure of a webpage - Not decorate it with borders, lines, and colors (Although it's possible).
    CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is another widely-accepted web-design language.
    Unlike HTML, CSS does not "create" anything. Instead, it decorates, aligns, and positions (etc) elements in HTML. In a nutshell, CSS takes the normal HTML output and adds a few rules to how it's actually displayed.
    CSS can edit things such as element width and height, background color, border, alignment, and actual visibility, for starters. HTML is capable of doing some of these things, but as mentioned earlier, the methods are usually deprecated, or are soon to be deprecated.
    CSS is incorporated into a webpage using Internal markup (In the <head>; in <style> tags) or external markup (From a ".css" file).

uhhhm thanks but try reading next time before u just randomly post i wasnt asking that at alll. i learned all that a few years back at w3schools. im asking the pro desiners (meaning the guys who just wow u with the look of thier webpage) how they really do it and found the way then took a shot tho mine wasnt wow. again all on the post but thanks anyway???????

ohh and i had no idea that other languages were used as web markup

thanks Zenda

Thread Information