www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Php using third party software

Php using third party software

Is there any way to send an image to any graphic tool using Php code?

Thanks in advance

If you mean for it to open up automatically on the user's computer, I suspect the best you can so is output it as an attachment with the appropriate content-type (mime type) header; but then it's up to the user to configure their browser settings to automatically open that type of file in their preferred application.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    If you mean for it to open up automatically on the user's computer, I suspect the best you can so is output it as an attachment with the appropriate content-type (mime type) header; but then it's up to the user to configure their browser settings to automatically open that type of file in their preferred application.
    Thanks for the quick response., I need to know can I open the image directly through the code., no browser's settings required then!

If you mean open it up on the user's computer, then no, I don't think so, as that would be a horrible security hole. Now, if you can find some sort of Flash, Java, or JavaScript app that does what you need within the browser itself, you might be able to open the file in that, but not just arbitrarily open any program on the user's computer.

And if I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, we may need a few more details. (E.g.: PHP has image manipulation libraries for working with the image on the server side, such as the GD and ImageMagick extensions.)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Yupps you are right there are many libraries in Php but what I want to do is to manipulate images like we can do in PS, can work on very little things(e.g. hairs, bg, particular area of shirt or tie etc) too..
    So I want to connect some of the graphic tool with the Php, when the user upload any of the image that can directly open in graphic tool and can be modified there.. is that possible?
    I have done a bit research on PS, and I believe that doesnt allow such thing - to be connected with third party.

I am sorry for the poor English. I hope it's much clear now, waiting for your help

first of all if you want to run that program on client side/users' side then No is the simplest answer. if you want to run on same server PHP is running on then there are possibilities, like running shell commands etc... but mostly hosting providers dont allow running those shell commands or programms.

exaplain in detail, what are your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by ZABI View Post
    first of all if you want to run that program on client side/users' side then No is the simplest answer. if you want to run on same server PHP is running on then there are possibilities, like running shell commands etc... but mostly hosting providers dont allow running those shell commands or programms.

exaplain in detail, what are your requirements.
    Thanks for your reply ZABI

Yes I want to run on server and then after manipulating/editing the image in any of graphic tool then re-open it to the user/client on browser. I hope it's clear now

as i've already stated "mostly hosting providers dont allow running those shell commands or programms", so i would suggest to GD or similar libraries to manipulate images.

Okk got it., thank you for your help

Shuker hai smjh aa gae

Thread Information