www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Have you ever had a client misspell their business name or domain name? What do I do?

Hybrid View

Exclamation Have you ever had a client misspell their business name or domain name? What do I do?

This has happened a couple of times now; I have a client who sends me an email with the domain name they want (more than one client, not the same person twice) -- they misspelled it, so the domain showed up as available and after it was set up, the client complains to me that the site is wrong, despite the fact they can't seem to spell their own business name.

How do I keep this kind of stuff from happening again? It wastes a lot of time and money and I end up having to "apologize" and pay for an additional domain -- or in one case, explain that the domain they really want is already taken!

Any tips?

While discussing with your client, you have to ask clearly, in written of course and keep it as proof, this is only method.

You client must be sending you emails with the work details so you can save that email for future reference, this is only way I would say..

Thread Information