dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loading Speed Times - Website

Loading Speed Times - Website

Hi, I am having a problem with my Wordpress sites mostly. When I run a test on Pingdom Tools speed test, the time it takes to load the first "www.example.com" has a very large wait time (5 seconds to 10 seconds). Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,
    Nick
    Share on Google+

There are many reasons why a site may be slow loading:

- CMSs are (generally) inherently slower than bespoke sites.
    - Too much JavaScript.
    - Too many individual files.
    - Large or too many images, particularly if not optimized.
    - Overloaded server (free hosting?).
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 07-26-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Share on Google+

Slow loading time from WordPress usually causes from the plugins. You can deactivate your plugins one by one and see which one is causing slow loading time.

Additionally, I recommend you to use W3 Cache Plugin and MaxCDN for your WordPress websites.
    Share on Google+

I could be wrong, but I believe plug ins, and pop ups do not help either. Well a lot of them at least.
    Share on Google+

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a feeling that the problem has to do with dns and my hosting due to the fact that Pingdom tools returns a long wait in order to load the URL.
    I currently use Fatcow (not free) where I have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk size.

Would you recommend an alternative hosting server or do you know of any similar problems?

Thanks once again!
    Share on Google+

Thanks everyone for all your help. The thing is that the waiting time is not always constant. In certain cases the wait time take 1 second and in other cases in takes 20 seconds. Any idea of what could be the cause?

Thanks again!
    Share on Google+

Sounds even more like a server load problem.
    Share on Google+

Without seeing the site in question it's really hard to weigh in meaningfully, though the bloated slow insecure train wreck known as turdpress could be a likely contributor to your problem, particularly if you are scripting heavy, extension and mod heavy, and using some fancy but ultimately useless off the shelf template. Most such things being little more than scams used to trick normal people into thinking they can have a website.

How many separate files is a typical page serving? How big is the file total? How many domains are you accessing? How big is the markup and the constructed DOM?

Without seeing the site and as such being able to answer those questions, it's really hard to say anything meaningful apart from wild guesses.

... and @burak -- throwing more code at it is not the answer. That's just sweeping deeper rooted issues under the rug -- such nonsense not being needed in 90%+ of cases if people would bother learning how to use HTML properly and didn't load up on hundreds of K of CSS and scripting for NOTHING of actual value to site visitors.
    Share on Google+

Hi
    Remove the unnecessary jquery codings, java script, reduce the image sizes, optimize the website according to speed issues. Optimize the code.
    Share on Google+

Even I faced the same problem, then came to know the reason that my website was overloaded with images. May be because of the same reason your website takes more time.
    Share on Google+

Yes you are right. But still my problem is not the long waiting time. My problem is the lack of consistency in waiting times. i.e. Why should I have to sometimes wait 3 seconds for the page to load, and other times even more than 15??
    Share on Google+

optimize your all images and remove unnecessary css and jquery and javascript. after check your hosting whats bandwidth provided by them.
    and if its low then get other hosting. i suggest you bluehost and hosting gater. its good for you.
    Share on Google+

Please Less use of javascripts,CSS,Plug-ins and take help from hosting provider
    Share on Google+

Thanks everyone, I have changed my hosting server. That seemed to have been the problem.
    Share on Google+

Have you tried contacting their resolutions team?
    Share on Google+

Thread Information