www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Contact form doesn't work on a new hosting plan

Question Contact form doesn't work on a new hosting plan

I'm having issues with this contact form. I've used it several different times with no problems on different hosting. Now when I put it on Godaddy it doesn't work. I even uploaded it to my own personal hosting and it works perfect.. Just not on godaddy. I'm not sure if there's a problem with the code or what. I'm lost of what it could be. Does anyone know what I should look for? I'm frustrated over here..

Here's the code. It's simple..

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if(isset($_POST['submit'])) {

$to "lillizzierae@aol.com";
    $subject "Disney Contact Form";
    $name_field $_POST['name'];
    $phone_field $_POST['phone'];
    $email_field $_POST['email'];
    $message $_POST['message'];

$body "From: $name_field\n E-Mail: $email_field\n Phone: $phone_field\n Message:\n $message";

echo 
    "";
    mail($to$subject$body);

} else {

echo 
    "Go back";

}
    ?>

This is the form.

Code:
    <form action="contactthanks.php" method="post">
    <table width="450" border="0" cellspacing="10">

<td width="440" align="left"><label for="name">*Name:</label><br /><input type="text" name="name" id="name" /></td>
      							</tr>
      							<tr>
        						<td align="left"><label for="city">Phone:</label>
        						  <br /><input type="text" name="city" id="city" /></td>
      							</tr>
      							<tr>
        						<td align="left"><label for="email">*Email:</label><br /><input type="text" name="email" id="email" /></td>
      							</tr>
      							<tr>
        						<td align="left"><label for="message">*Message:</label><br /><textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="40" id="message"></textarea></td>
      							</tr>
                                <td align="left"><label for="answer">*Type in the following answer to the question:<br />2 + 2 =</label><br /><input type="text" name="answer" id="answer" /></td>
      							<tr>
        						<td align="left"><input name="submit" type="submit" class="submit-button" onclick="MM_validateForm('name','','R','email','','RisEmail','answer','','RinRange4:4','message','','R');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Submit" /></td>
      							</tr>
    						</table>
    						</form>

Are you receiving an error message or does it just act like the message was sent?

It acts like the message was sent which makes me wonder if it's something with the hosting not the script.

Could be the specific hosting package you're using that doesn't support the mail() function. Consider using PHPMailer which is a php class that avoids using the mail() function and also allows the use of SMTP (even with authentication).

Thread Information