Magento vs Joomla vs Drupal vs WP? For eCommerce
Magento vs Joomla vs Drupal vs WP?
I need a site that I can easily add/edit/delete products. I AM NOT an HTML junky! I know enough to navigate the web, install programs, post images, upload videos, etc.
Let's say I go to a trade show in HongKong. I see a widget I want to sell. I take videos,pictures and type the specifications, SEO keywords, my purchase price and WALAA the product is LIVE.
* I use Paypal
* I need to enter the price I pay for a product and based on my margins It sets the price on the public site and is self propagating.
* I have reps and distributors. Each with specific buying discounts.
* Reps and distributors need to log in with username and password to view discounts
* Hierarchy: I am God, Reps have assigned distributors. I assign rep (A) to distributor for (NYC) and rep (B) to (Brooklyn). NYC logs in and places an order and rep (A) receives a commission.
* Payment choose paypal or direct order (Purchase Order)
* formula: cost x3= retail cost x2-20%= Rep cost x2-10%=distributor
* need multiple options like colors and sizes volume discounts.
* need video embedding (youtube or vimeo)
* prefer to be able to work offline. When I travel internet sketchy at best. I need to work as much offline as possible and upload changes.
* I am Mac only. Apps must be Mac compatible.
Right now I am using RapidWeaver It only offer 70% functionality of what I need.
Can anyone make my dreams come true?
Wordpress for straight up blogs
Joomla for community based sites
Drupal for more advanced coding requirements that scale better
Magento for ecommerce
Boy I sure hope you're prepared to part with at least $10,000 to $15,000 minimum, with that kind of requirements.. or better yet, hire a team to tailor a web platform that fits your bill.
Otherwise, I doubt neither of each platform you mentioned in the subject as being able to do all that you need, as a stand-alone by themselves, as they're pretty much a specialised platform meant for specialised audiences.
Magneto or wordpress both are good and easy CMS.
Well, We can not do any comparison between these eCommerce platforms, All are designed for the same purpose having great features. Here is a latest detailed infographic which will really help you to see differences between them and to choose the best one. see the link : http://www.zerocarts.com/92/detailed...-opencart.html
1st preference maneto 2nd joomla both CMS good for ecommerce type websites
If you ask me, it would have to be WordPress, hands down, no contest. With most hosting providers providing one-click installs of the database and main WordPress files, all you have to do is log in, pick a theme, and fill out information. Some themes are more advanced, like the ones you will find on Themeforest, but for beginners, WordPress really isn’t that difficult to set up. If you can fill out a form and click a few buttons, you can set up and run a WordPress site. Writing articles and placing images in each post is intuitive, and if you need more functionality, there are millions of plugins out there that you can install and have up and running in minutes. WordPress is quick, easy and requires no real knowledge of web design or web development. Even the advanced themes can be set up by a novice if they are good at following instructions. WordPress have my vote by a mile!”
Magento is best for ecommerce
Without any doubts I would go rod Magento. This CMS is created with ecommerce in mind. Most of your requirements (if not all) can be achieved within its product catalog management- check its features - magentocommerce.com/product/features/catalog-management/view
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread