www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W3 validation problems

Not sure I understand the problem about width and margin. Any colors/width/margins can be changed to what you had before. I redid the CSS totally and recoded the HTML nav menu section so it would work in Safari and Fx. Exactly what is your problem now with it?

Dear Payne,
    Thank you. I do not have any problems with it. I worked on it all day (because I am a newbee with css) and I have now made it like I want it and it validates correctly. Now many of the errors have been eliminated. Thank you again. If you are interested in seeing the test page I did you can see it here www.goblinnightvision.com/test5.html and I used the mainoriginal.css
    Payne - you have used a lot of time on this and I will go to your website and make a donation to show my appreciation. I have a lot of admiration to people like you that will help people like me to this extend.

There is one problem I see. The Products sub-menus word wrap because the widths are no longer wide enough for the length of text. The HTML errors are just minor ones which could be corrected, but why bother. LOL CSS seems good to go. You could use the direct input for the CSS 3 validator if you wanted.

Yes, there is the one problem with the sub-menus. I can easily make the "box" wider like 250px but I do not really like that because it looks too wide. What I wanted to do was to have the box appear just like I have it on www.goblinnightvision.com where the box is the same width as the text but after several hours I kinda gave up on that.

About the only way to get it to fit properly is to set a smaller font size for the sub-menus. If people need to enlarge text, they should know by now to use Ctrl + - to increase/decrease font size in a browser's viewport. Crtl 0 (zero) resets it.

Thread Information