0. You may not vote on this poll
  • WordPress

0 0%
  • SimpleMachines

0 0%

Thread: Simple Machines VS Word Press

Red face Simple Machines VS Word Press

Hiya guys.
    So im working on a new forum and ive done a little research and decided the best free forum software for the purpose I want is simple machines, based on couple of recommendations on forums and other review sites. I tend to rush into things while i have an idea and forget about them pretty quick if i dont rush into it. So ive started the forum and started posting. I have 4 members of which i am 1 my gf is 1 another online mate is 1 and the final is one that ive gained through a small amount of promotion, go me.
    So i have a friend who is rather gd at the web development and makes a pretty gd full time living from it. I value his opinion greatly on all things to do with webdevelopment. Using his advice and guidance i have developed a number of low popularity sites. Although i value his opinion greatly i always like to research a little further usually coming round to his suggestions.
    So as usual my friend recommends wordpress. I hadnt spoken to him in a few days and had rushed into simple machines and got it all up and running without consulting my friend. clever i was or dumb for jumping ahead?
    Wordpress hadnt been a recommendation i had noticed while researching possible software for my site, i like xenforo and vbulletin but i dont want to invest that sort of money until i have progressed a little.
    So do i start from scratch and lose my 1 member and go with wordpress which i have a lot more experience with or shall i stick it out with simple machines as i have already got to know the software a little.

BBpress appears to be the software not wordpress, as i said i havent done massive amount of research, although a little more while i wait for a reply. It seems to have alot less features than simple machines, all the demos ive seen look quite ugly, not sure if anyone can recommend an example of a nice looking bbpress forum

well i seem to be sticking to simple machines

I consider wordpress more secure and more reliable to use.

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

WordPress is the most effective and easy to understand with plugins and tools to use. The most reliable and used most of the online business owners..!

Simple Machine is a forum software while Wordpress is a blogging platform so I think there shouldn't be any confusion here..
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

Thread Information