www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My first ever website. Don't cringe, [lol] it actually came out pretty good.

Hybrid View

My first ever website. Don't cringe, [lol] it actually came out pretty good.

Hi All,

As indicated in the title, this is my first website. Not knowing HTML or CSS, I used Webs.com. I am self taught on using Photoshop [2 years], so everything visible I made.

Feel free to critique. I'm here to learn by your advice and suggestions.

The only thing missing is a download counter, which maybe someone here can help me with.

Thanks for looking.

http://reflectionsmusicvideos.webs.com/

That's a great project and your About Me page really touched me!

I can't help you with the download counter since I don't know webcom, but some simple styling:
    You seriously need to get rid of that background image! Easiest would be to change simply to black, that blends nicely with you header image and you wouldn't need to rearrange the half dozen divs that form the header and are not aligned properly. Then center the menu and your page looks good to me.

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    That's a great project and your About Me page really touched me!

I can't help you with the download counter since I don't know webcom, but some simple styling:
    You seriously need to get rid of that background image! Easiest would be to change simply to black, that blends nicely with you header image and you wouldn't need to rearrange the half dozen divs that form the header and are not aligned properly. Then center the menu and your page looks good to me.

Best wishes
    RCT, Thank you for your input - much appreciated.

Unfortunately, Webs.com doesn't have menu centering as an option. I'm not sure what you mean by background image.. are you referring to the solid blue color surrounding everything below the header? I would like it gone also, but once again, Webs.com does not allow removal of this area.

Yeah I thought you don't have too much options there. Why didn't you choose w-press or b-spot, they have great, highly customizable templates. Anyway, by background I meant this ugly thing that is surrounding your header. The solid blue is ok and expands to full window size, but the header is apparently set to 1024px. The rest of the width is filled with tiles of the above mentioned when viewed on larger screens.

cool site, esp for your 1st time. like that the font and graphics are kinda old school to match the site's theme.

a favicon would be good to add. best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by edwinedwin View Post
    cool site, esp for your 1st time. like that the font and graphics are kinda old school to match the site's theme.

a favicon would be good to add. best of luck to you!
    Thanks for the suggestion, Edwin. I Googled favicon to see what it was. Sounds like a good idea. I will add one when I figure out how. lol

Thanks for clarifying. When I click on 'this ugly thing', it says, 'OOPS - IMAGE NOT FOUND'.

lol - yeah that's exactly what it showed on your page for the last two days. But today it seems like the image has been found

In my opinion you should use wordpress for that it is easy to create any website. make your site littel light in color shade to look better.

Thread Information