www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E-mail marketing effective or not?

Email marketing is a great way to build-up your community and generate traffic to your website. It does not provide SEO value. Search Engine Optimization is related to your website and how search engines rank your content.

I suppose you indirectly contribute to SEO if you build-up a big email list and thus the email marketing encourages/reminds people to talk about your website... But it is the act of these people creating links to your content that contributes to your page-rank and the proper design of your website that contributes to SEO.

Yes, Email marketing is effective but you have to make a strong relationship with your customers and have to prove that you are not looking for sales only but you actually want to build a strong business relationship with them.

At its most basic, email marketing means sending a message via email, whether this is an ad to make sales, advertise a product/service, confirm a purchase or to solicit new business.There are two main types of email:

1 - > Marketing emails : These might be informational or promotional messages sent to your permission-based lists of prospects, clients, reporters, vendors, affiliates, etc.

2 - > Transactional emails : This type of email is usually automated and triggered by your customerís activity.

Whichever type of email marketing you use.

Here are six tips to help you to succeed:

1 - > Make your email interesting from the minute it lands in the recipientís inbox : Think of it like a newspaper Ė itís the headline that grabs your attention and in an email this is your subject heading. April Newsletter Is Here! isnít going to generate any clicks

2 - > Ensure that your emails are not sent to spam : If your carefully constructed emails are sent directly to spam, theyíll never see the light of day, and certainly generate no results.

3 - > Make sure your copy looks clean and crisp : This sounds obvious but youíd be surprised how many people send out emails that look like amateur websites from the 90s.

4 - > Make the links obvious : The aim of your email marketing campaign is to increase traffic to your landing page and website.

5 - > Donít make it impossible to unsubscribe : Your email marketing campaign needs to be friendly. After all, no one wants to buy anything off an aggressive salesman, at least not willingly.

6 - > Test, test, test : Donít send anything without making sure itís working. Test internally, at the very least engaging all the major providers: Outlook.com, Gmail, and Yahoo.

It is spam only if it is overly done. E mail marketing helps to increase your sale both offline and online. For example if you have your local shop you can send your customer an email regarding discounts, offers so that they can come to your shop and purchase or if you have online store than they can go for online shopping.

Yes, Email Marketing is very useful for business.

Most definately email marketing works - It is a multifaceted approach accomplishes many targets in one go - educate a customer or prospect, communicate, inform, sale, et.c.

However, content here is still king - only send out useful and relevant information to your list, if you don't you will end up in spam. This probably invokes another important issue to consider - segment your list, by doing this you can design messages to that speaks the language of that target segment.

Email marketing is a popular way for business to reach more customers than the direct marketing.its a way reach thousand of potential customers at a relatively low cost as compared to advertising or other media souses.

Yes, E-mail marketing is effective and there are some important things, if we do e-mail marketing properly and with some help, i want to say, if you do email-marketing then use free email marketing software from this website http://www.mailmachinepro.com/ they are helping people who are doing Emil-marketing, it's very comfortable and as well as huge profit we can get. I already has been part of this and it's very helpful for me.

Yes Email Marketing is effective for your business.Because by email marketing
    *Your cost efficiency is too low.
    *Easy to share your providing offers regarding your business.
    *lets you unlimited send a message to thousands of people across the world.

E-mail marketing is effective as long as it is used effectively, I mean just be transparent to your customers and with what you offer.

A recent Exact Target study found the following to be true 75% of consumers would prefer to receive permissions-based promotions through email, and 93% of online consumers have provided companies with permission to send them information through email...

Here, five tips to help you to Effective:

Educational Emails
    Informational Emails
    Promotional Email
    Newsletter Emails
    Lead Nurturing Emails

Yes it can be helpful for your business.

For me... E-Mail marketing -----> Straight in the Junk Mail and purged without a thought.

If I want to know about a product, I will look in to it and decide if it is for me.

So when I want a product I open up my web browser, go to my search engine and type in what it is I am looking for and then start trawling and refining my search with filter until I find what it is I want.

So you need to consider that a vast majority of people, even if they have subscribed will never read your email and on another point, just think how much faster the internet would be if we didn't have unwanted emails from companies that are trying to spread the word about a product that would serve just as well by a web page and getting reviews and back links to those reviews...
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Yes if it's well targeted to the right audience and you are offering something free I have forund a 5% conversion rate

As my experience E-mail marketing is very effective if you do it in proper way. My complain is that many people starts spamming and they call it E-mail marketing.

So, in my opinion do email marketing but do not spam. E-mail marketing really helps in growth of business and it will really increase your business sales.

Thread Information