Hello,

I have a certain issue with my search engine. Basically the results are not retrived quite well from my database. Let's say that I want to search a certain thing, let's call it Arad. I fill the box with Ar and I should be getting words which start with Ar. However, the script is searching now through the whole word. I enter Ar and I get results this way: Bar, Car, Adversary, Afterward, Alarm. It basically retrieves me words which contain ar but I should be getting words which start with ar.

Here is a snippet:
Code:
	$(function(){
			// The autocomplete feature for the destinations
			jQuery('#fromRoute').autocomplete({
				source: '/ag/lib/ajax.php?action=getAutoComplete&direction=from&to_val='+encodeURIComponent($('#toRoute').val()),
				select: function(a, b){
					if(b.item.value=='Nothing found!'){
						$(this).val(''); return false;
						$('#toRoute').autocomplete('option','source','/ag/lib/ajax.php?action=getAutoComplete&direction=to&from_val='+encodeURIComponent($(this).val()));
					}
					$(this).val(b.item.value);
					$('#toRoute').autocomplete('option','source','/ag/lib/ajax.php?action=getAutoComplete&direction=to&from_val='+encodeURIComponent($(this).val()));
					getScheduleTable()
				},
				response: function(event, ui) {
					if((ui.content.length==1) && (ui.content[0].value!='Nothing found!')){
						$(this).val(ui.content[0].value);
						$(this).autocomplete('close');
						getScheduleTable()
					}
				}
			});
			$('#toRoute').autocomplete({
				source: '/ag/libs/ajax.php?action=getAutoComplete&direction=to&from_val='+encodeURIComponent($('#fromRoute').val()),
				select: function(a, b){
					if(b.item.value=='Nothing found!'){
						$(this).val(''); return false;
						$('#fromRoute').autocomplete('option','source','/ag/lib/ajax.php?action=getAutoComplete&direction=from&to_val='+encodeURIComponent($(this).val()));
					}
					$(this).val(b.item.value);
					$('#fromRoute').autocomplete('option','source','/ag/lib/ajax.php?action=getAutoComplete&direction=from&to_val='+encodeURIComponent($(this).val()));
					getScheduleTable()
				},
				response: function(event, ui) {
					if((ui.content.length==1) && (ui.content[0].value!='Nothing found!')){
						$(this).val(ui.content[0].value);
						$(this).autocomplete('close');
						getScheduleTable()
					}
				}

});