www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: URL code, operator and format

URL code, operator and format

Hi all,
    i have the following url

/workorders.html?&workorders_f_workOrderStatus.description=Pending

it displays a list workorders with a status of pending

i require code of the url to exclude that specific status, so i'm looking for the code to NOT EQUAL - sort of like:

/workorders.html?&workorders_f_workOrderStatus.description(NOT EQUAL)Pending

hope someone can assist . . . forgive me if this is done wrong, my first ever post/blog visit
    Greetings
    Andre

that piece of url is a request and it is analyzed in a server-side script...you could use something like workorders_f_workOrderStatus.description=Active or whatever status you want

hi ssdog, thanks, okay so I understand it is a server-side script, does it mean there is not a NOT EQUAL keyword to be used on server-side scripts?.... I might have various statuses and just thought instead of coding EQUAL for 99 statuses I could code NOT EQUAL the ONE status i'd like to exclude.

the only way of doing that is to change the code of the script...if you do so, you can use !=, and keep the url just as it is

ok thanks ssdog, i'll have to speak to the developer of the scripts then, I only have the "end user" access - just thought I could get around the issue this way.

no problem...talk to him and tell him exactly what you want...he wil know what to do

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Thread Information