www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: adding editable pdf to web page

adding editable pdf to web page

I want to add a pdf file to my web site allowing people to fill it out and when they click submit i want it to email me the pdf form to my site admin email box.

is this possible? if so how do you do it. once its on the page and viewable can i send it to the site admin email on submit or do i need ajax or php for that?

I dont know what any of that means... lol

ok i have the pdf on my page. And you can fill it out. I added a button at the bottom of the page for submit. I want this to be emailed to admin at my site. anylinke to walk me through this?

you want to add editable pdf to web page?
    have you ever thought to use a tool that can be re-edited according to your own requirements?
    you can process your Pdf documents online and do whatever you want.
    emm, try this PDF tool, it is pretty great.

The bit about PDF sounds like a red herring to me. The key point is that you want the form submission to generate an email. That is dead easy to write in PHP, but you need to learn PHP, and you need to set up a local host to develop against, 'cos PHP is a server-side language. the actual generation of an email is the easiest part, unless you are already familiar with developing PHP scripts.

I write php. The client wants to send me pdf forms and it would be much easier to just make them editable and embed them then recreate in php each time

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Well the best solution to this is writing the form out in html. using ajax to verify fields pass along to .php file to email. its a lot of work for a long application but at the end of the day it has more functionality and looks more professional.

AJAX done embed things.

and when you need to update it its easy to add a line of code or two...

Thread Information